Bridge House Dublin
Cassidys Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the minute we walked into this establishment we were treated like dirt. One staff member was extremely rude and argumentative, and gave us the impression we were not welcome.. We could clearly hear her talking to another staff member complaining about "young concert goers" like us. The room was tiny, looks nothing like the photos. And the promised free WiFi? Non-existent!!.. Long, steep, narrow stairs (which was extremely slanted) to get to the room, which was also severely slanted. The bed was on such a slant I had to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed because it was so much higher than the other end.. Window did not even close properly, there was a big gap in it when it was closed.. Bathroom was also tiny, not very clean either. TV was old and tiny, only had one working channel! Absolute disgrace that we had to hand our room keys to the reception every time we left, did not feel save leaving any valuables in the room... Would not recommend this place to anyone, and if we hadn't paid for our room upfront, we would have left purely due to the ignorance of the receptionist!! Only good side, the location is excellent for going out in Temple Bar.

Room Tip: Don't bother!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Waterford2419
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would have given this place 0 stars if that was an option. This place was so negative that it actually made me regret going to Dublin. The receptionist from when I checked in actually seemed to take satisfaction in her rudeness and unhelpfulness. Certain people aren’t cut out for service industries, but wow, she was a pitbull.

My room and the lobby were small and tight, but clean and more or less well maintained, so you can definitely do worst. I was on the top floor so the water pressure in my shower was annoyingly weak and spotty. Also, they provide no toiletries.

The location is right by Temple Bar and across the street from both the Porter House Bar and the Leffe River, so location is great. It had a small entrance but if you find the Porter House Bar, you’ll be able to find the entrance pretty quickly. Dining hall was standard. The wifi didn’t reach my room but was free and if I went down a floor I could connect. Also, they had electrical adapters available on deposit, which was helpful. I stayed in Room 11, which had private access to the roof, which was great for smoking. But the service and cleaning staff were awful. Probably the worst I’ve ever experienced in any country I’ve ever visited.

There are several comparably priced options to this place in Dublin, so unless you have some burning desire for this particular location, AVOID Bridge House if you can.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the Lobby, so you can reach the wifi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nate M
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent location right near temple bar. The bed was the worst that ive ever tried to sleep in and I write try as I got minimal sleep. The window when closed was still gapping open. This is because the room was on a lean. The service was straight forward but far from friendly. Pay extra and stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Over priced for what it is not good at all won't be returning to this establishment again. The room was shoddy and the place itself was not worth the money per night. Very disappointed. The only decent thing going for it is the reception is 24 hours there is free wifi and it's only a minute walk from the city centre

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends