“Seriously has deteriorated..”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Used to go here frequently up to about 2 years ago, and always enjoyed it. Have gone twice over the last 4 months - first time thought it was just a one off bad night. Went back with a friend last Saturday for lunch; impersonal service, aggressively asked had we decided what to order yet (by the manager!!), overpriced food, burger and a handful of frozen chips on a plate for E14.50. There was no garnish, a trace of blue cheese, looked like school canteen food. Very disappointing, will not return..

7  Thank DeeFDublin_Ireland
There are newer reviews for Castello Bruno

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Family dinner on a Thursday night. We've always thought you get reasonable food at a reasonable price here. I had a pizza (for a change) and my wife had the chicken burger. Pizza was bland (hard to do with a pepperoni pizza!) and chicken burger had no sauce or relish and also lacked any flavour. I wonder have they cut back on the quality of their ingredients recently? Staff were good; food just lets them down

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

My friends and I used to love coming to this restaurant, the booths are great for catching up.

When my friends and I went last Sunday for lunch, the first time to the restaurant in months, we were quite disappointed really!

It was €11 for a chicken Caesar salad as a starter and it really was tiny! Without the chicken it would have been €9 for what seemed to be very little lettuce and dressing. Too much money for something so small in my opinion.
My friend got a pasta with prawns in it and there really wasn't a lot of pasta there, not for a main meal anyway.

So while the food tasted ok, the portions were very small.
On the other hand the staff were pleasant, not hugely personable but it was busy. Castello Bruno is accommodating to children and families but it just isn't worth the money anymore.

I would only go back if there was a midweek offer but otherwise I wouldn't go there for lunch/dinner again in a hurry.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 6pm Saturday evening to a bit of a bottle neck at the door. There was a couple of people ahead waiting to be seated and getting seated took longer than I would have expected considering there was empty tables everywhere. We were given 3 menus and a drinks menu however on asking about the early bird advertised we were informed that two of these menus weren't actually for this restaurant but they were advertising deals in their other two restaurants and were given their menus! I thought this was fairly tacky and a real turn off. Our order was taken quickly which was great as we were starving however the jug of water we ordered never arrived. We later asked for water and were offered 'still or sparkling'. My boyfriend asked for still but wasn't quick enough to ask that this come from the tap and bottled water arrived which I expected. We order garlic bread for starter and the portions were large but a little less done that I like but still good. 9 euro for chicken wings I think is day light robbery! Over all the meal was ok but given the prices I would have expected more. We didn't get any follow ups when the starter arrived or when the main arrived. I wouldnt rate this place.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Few issues:
Staff gave preference to group with no reservation over our group who had booked a week in advance.

€9 for wings and €7 for bruschetta for starters is way over priced. Great variety of Main courses but again very steep.

Waitress very rude and not in any way helpful. Maybe having a bad day but from reading other reviews this is common issue. The couple we were with who have been there before said that she was like that the last time too. Management obviously don't read these reviews.

Food was nice but won't rush back!!

1  Thank Colm42