“Pricey but good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kites Chinese Restauant
Ranked #920 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Pricey but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I recently visited Kites not having been there for quite dome time. My first impressions were that the restaurant had become a bit old world or shabby since my last visit. However in fairness the food was very good, if somewhat expensive for chinese food. Starters are in the region of €9 with Mains about €23.We had a wide variety of food as were in a group of eight friends. All appeared satisfied with the meal.However I think the premises need to be updated and this lets down the restaurant.The manager kindly offered a Christmas drink on the house . A window seat at the front upstairs would be recommended.

• Visited December 2013

Dublin
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a lovely place to have lunch at a reasonable price with good quality food and service. 9 of us ate here and there was not one complaint. There is a wide variety of starters and mains for a set lunch menu. I recommend this for groups as I have eaten here on a number of occasions in groups and have yet to be disappointed.

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Delicious, I was with a large group and everyone loved their meal. Best Chinese I have ever had. Mixed starters satisfied everyone, very good mixture and cooked to perfection. The main courses were all perfect. Very enjoyable and friendly staff delivering lots of wine.

Folsom, La
“Good food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently dined at Kites while staying at the Four Seasons. I thought the restaurant was a little dark and dated. One part of the restaurant has no windows and very little ambience. I guess there are tables upstairs near windows which seemed better, but we weren't seated in this area. The food was very good, we had the: Roast Duck with stir fry spicy chicken and King prawns in chili and garlic sauce. The taste of the food was excellent, portion size average. I felt the food was a little overpriced (each entre over 20 euros + the cost of rice) but we knew this before we went. Overall our experience was good.

Europe
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here for years and have never had a bad experience. Aromatic duck and chicken curry are particular favourites. Arguably best Chinese in Dublin. Decor is a bit tired but hey you can live with that for first class food. Staff couldn't be nicer.