“Our 'go to' restaurant”

The Wild Goose Grill
Ranked #310 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Our 'go to' restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

For the first time I have to declare a conflict of interest ! The wild Goose grill is close to where we live and is the place we go to celebrate every important family event. From the youngest to the oldest, we love it.I rarely give an excellent rating to any place. The food here is good, very good, but not the best I've had. The atmosphere is really good, the wine list is comprehensive with something to meet most pockets and tastes. The staff are great, they work hard but still have time to share a smile and a chat. I have eaten in more impressive surroundings and have experienced multiple Michelin star dining. That is not what the Wild Goose is about. They have gotten the formula right. A really welcoming local restaurant with consistently good food. They are happy to go the extra distance for a special event. I have never been disappointed. My recommendations don't come stronger than that. Enjoy.

• Visited February 2014

Fuengirola, Spain
“Fun night with nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Four of us had dinner here recently and enjoyed the food and the buzzy atmosphere. There is an Early Bird menu which extends all night on a Wednesday but we chose from the a la carte and everyone was happy with their choices, which ranged from scallops, to goose with some lovely monkfish thrown in for good measure. Desserts were delicious and hard to resist. A great local restaurant which we will all be looking forward to visiting again very soon. A good wine list but unfortunately the first wine we chose wasn't available!!!

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We recently celebrated an important family event in the Wild Goose. 21 of us sat down for lunch and all enjoyed a fantastic dining experience. Sheerin Wilde , who must be the finest maître d in Dublin, kept an eagle eye on proceedings and ensured everyone in our group had a good time.The excellence of the food on the day cannot be overstated. The pigeon starter and the goose main course came in for particular praise. Well done to Sheerin and the team. We will certainly be visiting the Wild Goose in the near future.

Visited February 2014
“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was booked by a colleague and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent. I had tiger prawns and the rib eye, both dishes were packed with flavour. The deserts my colleagues looked superb. The only criticism is that service was a little slow.

1 Thank GerryH007
Dublin
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was part of a group of 40 for food here recently and I have to say I was impressed! The service, ambiance and food were great. Locations is fab, walking distance from both Beechwood & Ranelagh Luas. I will return.

• Visited January 2014