“good food but slightly overpriced”

Milano Dublin - Clarion Quay
Ranked #1,085 of 2,730 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Was there for lunch with collegue, food was tasty (we wend for salads) but nothing special. very convenient location though if you are staying in IFSC.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Some of my family members accompanied me to Milano last Saturday night prior to our visit to "War Horse" at the adjacent theatre. War Horse is a wonderfully atmospheric tale about the bond between a young country lad and his horse, all set against a mural of WW1. Milano cannot boast the same atmosphere - it obviously relies on the theatre for a lot of its custom so one can expect it to be very busy prior to any show.

Fortunately we had reserved a table as there was not a spare seat in the restaurant - one would imagine that they would have this pressurised situation down to a fine art, but no, we waited 45 minutes to receive our dishes. Please bear in mind that this restaurant is unlikely to receive a Michelin star any time soon - we're talking pizza here - so the delay was somewhat remarkable.

The pizzas, when they arrived, were ordinary and not very hot. I had a glass of white wine which was very nice, a saving grace. Otherwise, this was "get 'em in and get 'em out" so the whole experience smacked of production line service. That said, the staff were very pleasant considering how busy they were and we had no issue there.

Would I go there again? If I was attending that theatre again, i would allow more time and reserve a good restaurant within taxi distance. One can only take so much drama on any given evening - in this case, all the atmosphere and drama was in the theatre. Milano would not get my Oscar.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Brought mum here before a matinee in the Bord Gais for lunch as the other Milano closer to the theatre was booked up. This was much quieter. We were first positioned by window but it was rather drafty so we moved elsewhere. The staff were quite friendly. The service was fast and the food was fine.

I ordered chips with my lasagne but I couldn't understand the waiter when he was trying to explain how they were not like "normal chips". When I got them I realized they were quiet oily and had a coating of something else on them. They were okay, but not my favourite. The food was piping hot when it came out, so much so I felt I had to wait for it to cool down before it was eatable.

I got a voucher for Milanos online so it was great to avail of the voucher for a couple of euro off the meal. I got it on www.milanooffers.ie

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Ate here, due to the location and reach from my hotel. food and service was good, though the northern italian city in the name for a pizza place made me sceptical... :)

not cheap (but which place is in Dublin). I had a veggi lasagne, wine and a dessert. All taste and accompanied with a decent friendly service. - all at 28 Euros.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

So we treat ourselves at work, and the odd time I take my lads, to Milano. Let me say first up that consistently we get excellent services and delicious food. Pizza would be my favorite - thin crust for me please. Excellent choices on menu and good wine list. Would recommend to visitors and locals alike. Love the fact seating inside and outside. Always met with friendly staff on entering. Facing the Jeannie Johnson tall ship on the river front - you can't miss it, actually you shouldn't miss it :)
See you soon Milano!!