Ballsbridge Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Ariel House(Dublin)
Dylan Hotel(Dublin)
2,499 results
All reviewsdubliner baraviva stadiumcity centrebit datedlovely hoteltrinity collegetemple barballsbridgeembassyrdsrugbytaxispubdart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Accommodation was very comfortable and attractive, all the staff including the receptionists were extremely polite, friendly and helpful at all times.The location was also very convenient, adding to an extremely pleasant holiday in Dublin. After we checked out, we raced to the airport then discovered my friend had left his wallet behind in his room. After a quick phonecall to the hotel, the receptionist named Esther checked our room, found it, and promised to post it to his home address in Australia. A great relief for my friend to find it waiting for him when he arrived. Thank you again Esther, and thank you Ballsbridge Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alanst222
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having read some of the last reviews I have to say this hotel is not bad at all! We stayed here as a group for a family gathering and had at least 20 rooms all over the hotel. Some rooms were nicer than others admittedly but it is an older hotel with a lot of history. I am glad it was saved from demolishing! It is hard to get it back to it's former glory but with new blood and money starting to come in I think it is a work in progress. The staff couldn't have been nicer and I think a smile from the guests works wonders when they are run off their feet. Martin the Manager was so efficient and was wonderful to us, as a lot of our group were in their 70's with 4 generations of the one family.He checked in with us a couple of times to make sure all was Ok and he was delighted for us as our 'Gathering' was going so well. Sylvia on reception who checked us in and out was very efficient and friendly. The staff in the Dubliner where we had our meal were on first name basis by the end of the evening and were very attentive. Feedback from my family who traveled from Australia, New Zealand, America, Bahrain, France, London Cardiff, Wexford, Laois and Dublin was very positive and congratulate the Management, Staff and the location of the Hotel.

Room Tip: We were in the Towers and the rooms were lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Irishmolly50
Reviewed 28 September 2013

went to this hotel as part of a leisure break, brought my two kids with us, when we arrived the welcome was poor, parking is a cost you aren't made aware of which is 10 euro per night! the food selection was poor and service is slow. reception is pathetic to say the least, communication is non existent, poor explanation and no manager available to deal with queries! its like they just want your money and don't care about you after that! I asked for a family room, but I don't actually think there is a family room in the hotel, all the rooms are small and basic with a tiny bathroom from the stone age!! after using the toilet it doesn't flush again for about 10mins and the water stays up at the top - disgusting! when u enter the hotel you think it looks lovely but then the lift takes you to a dirty corridor of small cells which the hotel calls rooms!!! I have to honestly say I am not the type of person to complain but I just had to warn everyone about this dump, I will never be back, most awful experience and if u got kids def stay clear! not a family friendly place at all!!!!!

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Zee456
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were in this hotel at the beginning and end of our All of Ireland tour. Not sure why it was selected by the tour company, but my guess it was a low cost for them and it's a "tour" hotel.
Frankly, if it wasn't for the tours, this hotel would be a ghost town. A/C did not work to the point we demanded another room, which we got. The staff tries to accommodate, but there's only so much they can do with an outdated facility. It was a 20 minute walk to Marion Square, the
closest stop for the Hop On/Hop Off bus. That was a treat. We would not return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmandjc
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here to see a band at the O2 and thought it would be nice to make a weekend of it. Hotel is very dated, rooms unclean and the shower was less effective than the tap! Hotel is a very long way from anything ( 45min walk to temple bar and 35 min walk to O2) we would not stay here again

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends