“Great Dublin accommodation”

Ranked #89 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Derry, United Kingdom
“Great Dublin accommodation”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ballsbridge Hotel is an excellent place to stay, it is in central Dublin conveniently located to city centre and local attractions such as Aviva stadium and RDS.
Rooms are spacious and all en-suite , hotel facilities are very good and breakfast is always to look forward to with friendly staff and plenty of coffee.
Hotel lounge is good as is the hotel bar and lounge
All in all a great place to stay in Dublin

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Brian D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

stayed in the hotel on the 28th of March for my wife's brithday. booked a suite and could not of been happier with the room and service. Bottle of wine waiting in the room for us on arrival to mark the occassion. Staff were really nice and made us feel very welcome throughout the hotel. Special thanks to Tania for sorting out the booking and helping to make it a special weekend

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently attended a 3 day conference in Dublin city and stayed in the Ballsbridge Hotel - I had stayed here years before and I was satisfied with it so returned to be met with a wonderful surprise. The entire hotel has been renovated beautifully, with furnishings of the highest quality. The staff were incredible - polite,courteous and helpful; from the first member of staff I met Reception, to the manager whose name escapes me but I believe it to be Conor Sullivan, there was always a smile and an impeccable air of professionalism that would rival any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. The room was beautifully decorated, immaculate (as was the rest of the hotel) and I slept like a baby both nights. I feel compelled to mention, also, that the food in the hotel was incredible, and I found myself eating in the hotel more often than exploring the various restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, which is a true testament to the quality of the food. Overall, I could not recommend a better hotel in which to stay, and will be returning at every available opportunity!

Room Tip: The higher floors have beautiful views over the city of Dublin.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kevin H
BallsbridgeGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Kevin H,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay at our hotel. I must say I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and I'm also delighted that we had a chance to meet. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the departments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ballsbridge Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Conor O Sullivan
Guest Relations Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I checked in on a Saturday afternoon. The receptionist wasn't very nice in fact borderline rude, the receptionist also seemed to have an attitude because we had used lastminute.com for our booking. The hotel does not provide free wifi and charge €7.50 per day per device. Not really good enough. When we went to our room it was grubby looking and very hot and stuffy. I rang reception to see if there was air con and told not in our room. I asked to be moved and instead a fan was sent to our room which nearly made the situation worse. We had to sleep with the windows open and still the room was to hot. The walls were dirty, the bed wasn't made up properly, there were stains on the dressing table and dead insects on the window sill. We had food and drinks in the hotel bar which were just ok. All in all not a great experience and the hotel definitely does not deserve the 4 star rating, I'd say 2 at a push.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CRoss85
BallsbridgeGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear CRoss85,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Ballsbridge Hotel. I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered while staying with us recently. We take pride in delivering a high quality product and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Let me assure you your comments are noted and will be used to improve on the areas you have mentioned. I hope you would consider returning to us sometime in the future so we can provide you with the true quality service we strive to achieve daily.

Kind regards,
Conor O Sullivan
Guest Relations Manager
cosullivan@ballsbridgehotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed in the Ballsbridge Hotel on company time during the week. The refurbishments have transformed the hotel and I loved my brief stay there. Despite a very busy conference taking place in the main ballroom the staff were fantastic and very helpful.
Would recommend it to anyone visiting Dublin on business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DaveMurdiff
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived early at the Ballsbridge Hotel and were greeted very warmly by the staff, who promptly gave us a parking validation ticket so that was a wonderful surprise as we thought we would need to pay for parking. Luckily, they had a room available even though we got there before normal check in time. The general feel of the hotel lobby is very old-world, elegant and warming. There was a notice at the front desk that said they would not have power the next day from 12-5. We were on the 8th floor and we had a nice view of the Ballsbridge neighborhood. We unloaded in the room and headed out to Trinity College and the Guinness Storehouse. We walked so much that day and we were so thankful to have a bathtub to soak our swollen feet. Right in the middle of that time, somewhere around 7-8PM, the fire alarm went off. We called down to the front desk and they said it was a glitch and that there was no emergency. We didn't think much of it and went to sleep but were woken up the next morning by the alarm going off again. I understand that it was not their fault per se, but it was just unfortunate to be woken up that way. So, we headed out again to see the sights of Dublin. We came back to the hotel a little before 11AM and were able to make it in time for the breakfast buffet. This was our favorite breakfast of the trip, they had so much to offer and it was all delicious. After breakfast, we went back up to the room for a break in the day. I started to watch some tv while my husband took a nap and then the power went off. I thought the notice about the power outage meant midnight to 5AM but it was noon to 5PM. I'm sure that I missed this clarification in the notice and, again, this is most likely out of their control but it was inconvenient at the time. It was a fine place to stay but I would probably pick somewhere closer to St. Stephen's Green if we return to Dublin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hillary S
Dublin
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Dublin and were horrified to discover that our tour had been cancelled several months earlier without our knowledge. Thank goodness that the hotel we went to was the Ballsbridge and that we were able to deal with such wonderful staff, who provided us with a sympathetic ear over a welcome complementary cup of tea, and later a room and breakfast for the two nights it took for us to sort out our dilemma. We must make a special mention of Fiona from Reservations, who went far beyond the line of duty and tried to relieve our stress and worry as much as she could. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and Fiona definitely deserves a special reward from her employer! Clare and Paul.

Stayed April 2014