Ballsbridge Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Ariel House(Dublin)
Dylan Hotel(Dublin)
2,499 results
All reviewsdubliner baraviva stadiumcity centrebit datedlovely hoteltrinity collegetemple barballsbridgeembassyrdsrugbytaxispubdart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week my room was on 8 th floor at so called suits. Room was very large enjoyable but furniture and rug seemed tens of years old and dusty. The kettle had corrosion on metal parts. Wifi was very expensive (21 euros for five days) and you could only use it for one device! What can say more? Avoid it I am sure there are better hotels at the same or even lower price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mechan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend break, the bedroom was large and comfortable, but a very long walk away from the Reception. This is a very large, busy, tourist hotel, what you see is what you get, but in my view, for the price (which was not cheap), I can only describe it as average. Staff seemed to be very harrassed and particularly in the Dubliner bar, it was not easy to get served even with coffees in mid afternoon. Breakfast was pretty good and as a buffet, plentiful, but expensive at 11.95 per person. Similarly wifi was chargeable and expensive.
Overall summary - this is a budget hotel but not at budget prices.

Room Tip: Ask to be located in the main hotel, not in the Towers which is a long distance away from Reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nicegirl82
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was overall very good. The room was pretty good and thd hotel is about 15 minutes away from grafton street which is one of the main streets in Dublin city centre. I was pleased with the attention received specially for a girl called Diana who gave us coffe with a big smile during the morning.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Ivan C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked this hotel for a meeting back in May and I was very happy with the service. My original query was answered quickly and with great efficiency by philip and when I had a follow up question ciara was a great help on the phone. The room itself was just what we needed for our presentation and the smoothies we had in the afternoon were great so kudos for that. We require meeting rooms on a quarterly basis in leinster so I will be back. Thanks to all and a special mention to the lady who looked after our breaks (sorry but her name escapes me)

Room Tip: I think the room we had was the redwood suite and it was perfect for us
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank flossettes
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently organised a large scale charity event in the Ballsbridge Hotel with over 700 guests in attendance on the night. The experience as a whole was a most pleasant one, not only were all the staff obliging, courteous and friendly, they also seemed to be just as excited as us about the event. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

In the build up to the event we had the pleasure of dealing with Philip, the events manager, who was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Dealing with a committee is never easy but Philip went above and beyond every time. Almost 100 of our guests stayed overnight and all were equally impressed with the service, the staff and the surroundings. The duty managers on the day of the event (the two Conors) were equally as helpful and friendly and made the night go off without a hitch.

I would highly recommend the Ballsbridge Hotel for anyone looking for a central location with that little extra.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business