“In the Heart of Belfast”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #64 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel staff was wonderful and so helpful. The location is great--short walk to 0'Connell St.
Rooms are very, very clean. Remember to take your own wash cloths if you want them. Towels are provided, but not wash cloths.

Room Tip: Request a room without step climbing if you have a handicap .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Krf7674
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Krf7674

Thank you for your lovely review. The heading says Belfast but the body of the text is us. Hope you can get back to Ireland soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

quite happy to recommend this hotel , very clean and friendly ,all staff pleasant and helpful, breakfast was buffet style but there was plenty of food and a good choice ,we never had evening meal so i could not comment on that . the bar was open quite late and very nice,the hotel is about a ten minuet walk from the center of town so its very handy .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tracey d

Dear Tracey

Thanks for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you thought so much of our cleanliness and staff. These are both areas that we take particular pride in. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just a few blocks from O'Conell street, one of the main streets of Dublin, from where you can get city tours, buses or the tram. The staff is very friendly and polite, they gave me and my wife all the information we needed.
The room was clean and confortable. If I ever visit Dublin again this is a must stay.

1  Thank julianoprisco

Dear julianoprisco

Thanks for your kind review. I am glad that our location suited so much and that you found our staff helpful.

regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Belvedere is situated five minute's walk from O'Connell street, very convenient for shopping, sightseeing and pubbing. The room was spacious and clean, with a big bathroom with a tub and shower. Cleaning was efficient and the staff at the reception was very helpful. The bar was also very nice, with good food and drinks and a jolly bartender.the breakfast available for an extra fee was good and kept us going until afternoon. All and all a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor in the Belvedere wing, facing the street, and we're pleased wit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pia-Lisa

Dear Pia lisa

I am delighted that you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and to the Belvedere Hotel. I hope that you get to come back to Ireland soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel use to be great value for money but the prices have gone up a lot in the last year. I have stayed here on numerous occasions but certainly wouldn't be telling my friends and family to stay there any more. At first when I started going there it was an ok ish place to stay but now price wise alone I would advise any one thinking of staying in the belverdere to shop around because there is way better value to be had in centre Dublin.

Hotel is very basic. It's stuck in an 80s or early 90s time warp. The rooms that have been done up are tacky enough and have cheap finishes such as room 304. Also some rooms here don't have sockets near the beds so you need an extension lead some times to charge your phone which reception SOMETIMES do provide. Some windows don't close right and reception never did any thing about that either when I reported it. Was also advised by reception to drag my suitcase to Parnell square bouts 300metre to get a taxi instead of reception ringing a taxi for me.

In the last few years of staying there there's always renovation works going on. Weather it's building painting electrics etc there seems to be a lot work needed on to up keep of the Georgian building. Some rooms the walls are paper thin and when there's works going on it's very noisey and annoying.

The staff are friendly at times but speak broken English. The manager seems to have a lack of basic management skills. The food is okay but the menu has yet the change since I started going there in 2010. Usually the dinning room is empty. Also they finally got wifi ONLY in the lobby and it works well when there's not too many on it. The hotel has a lot of potential and looks to be loosing out due to management.

Another thing I would like to mention if any one is planning to head out in Dublin mainly temple bar the heart of Dublin night life, for a CENTRAL located hotel it still means getting a taxi too and from the hotel which means more cost. There's lots of other hotels that are actually more central and only a safe stroll away from temple bar and are stylish and better on the pocket.

Another thing about the area is it's right across from a school so there's teenagers hanging around in the morning, lunch time and in the evenings. Lately I have seen more and more homeless people and drinking on the street. I would advise any one to shop around before thinking of staying here.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Shane S

Dear Shane

I am not going to go into your review in detail. Suffices to say I find it strange that you were on the phone with me trying to book a room here a few days before you wrote this review.

regards

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of August 2013 and I would not advise anyone to visit let alone stay. We were given a room UNDER the stairs - thoughts of Harry Potter springs to mind but I think he had more room than us. It was just awful. No bar to relax and have a drink in, just kitchen tables and chairs. Locals staring at you as you walk into the bar and a very unfriendly atmosphere. Breakfast wasn't much better. The window in the dining room was held open with a plank of wood. We have stayed in many hotels in Ireland and abroad and we real only expect comfort and a clean environment, unfortunately we got neither here. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline K

Dear Jacqueline

Thank you for writing your review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Belvedere Hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me at codonoghue@belvederehotel.ie

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and courteous staff and lovely room nice and comfortable, would definitely stay in this hotel again as it was very close to the shopping area and also near the hospital which I had an appointment at.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank freebird123

Dear freebird123

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you found our location so handy for your needs.