“Basic and near the Mater Hospital”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #64 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the Belvedere Hotel recently to be near to the mater hospital. It was for one night and I admit I would not wish to stay any longer or will not be using this facility again. The room was just ok, could do with a face lift. I didn't feel secure in the room, so never slept the whole night. Hotel didnt serve food until after 5.30pm which was of no use to me as I was returning to the hospital.

The taxi operator that reception uses has alot to be desired. I requested a taxi to the hospital, i know it's only a 10 min walk up the road, but this was after 6pm in the evening and a lone female walking in an unknow area is not a good idea. The taxi driver was disgusted when i said where i wished to go and said he drove 15 mins just to a trip up the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Mollyhen

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. I have spoken to the taxi company that we use and they have assured me that they have dealt with the driver involved.
We have recently finished refurbishing 27 of our rooms and I can assure you that we are constantly improving our product.
We take the security of our guests very seriously. We have CCTV monitoring. Our doors are locked at 11pm and access is only allowed after that time to residents only by our night staff.
Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Regards

Cathal

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is very convenient to the city centre. It is a very good 3 star hotel and reasonably priced. It is clean and comfortable. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights over Christmas on a b&b basis. Breakfast was very good. We had dinner also each evening including Christmas Day. The food was amazing. The steak I had on Christmas Eve was the best I have ever eaten. The head chef is half Irish and half Italian. I think her name is Sandra. She is superb. Her presentation is awesome. The two Dublin lads working in the bar, Dean & Darren, I think their names were, provided lots of local information and craic. I would recommend the. Belvedere without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor and it was great. You could see what was going on outside, handy to t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the belvedere hotel the staff were really friendly and helpfull the bedrooms were very comfartable i would recommend the belvedere hotel to anybody it was very near to all the shoping areas and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Was at a Christmas function recently in the Belvedere Hotel and just have to commend Dean the Barman on his fantastic service all night long! So helpful and polite - definitely deserves a Christmas bonus!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LindaKelly588
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stay at the belvedere hotel 6&7th of December. The hotel is in a fantastic location. V Close to o'connell street. The staff were warm and friendly,v helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. We will definitely stay again,great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Johnrussell77
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. I hope you get the chance to return to visit soon.

Regards

Cathal

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I'm tempted to keep it a secret. Tenth visit to this hotel. Spacious clean rooms. Access to city centre with ease. Newspapers nice touch. Honest to goodness spot with occasional excellent value.
Steve

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank forrealman
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, It was lovely and comfortable, nice big rooms and very clean. Staff are lovely and the food was delicious. Very handy for shopping and only a 10min taxi to O2. Would highly recommend The Belvedere Hotel XX

Room Tip: The bedrooms over the street can be noisey.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family