“A great stay”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #62 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Belvedere Hotel for a night. We were greeted by lovely staff especially a girl called Salome. She was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were so clean, bright and fresh and so warm. The beds were so comfortable. When we came down for breakfast the following morning we were greated again by very professional staff to a wide range of fresh food. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Belvedere Hotel to everyone. Looking forward to returning. Thank you to all the staff at the Belvedere Hotel :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Belvedere is in a very central location and within walking distance of O'Connell Street and Henry Street. The staff were always very helpful and our room was extremely comfortable.
The Buffet breakfast was excellent with the usual cooked varieties with cereals, breads etc as well. The bar area provides evening meals if desired and we ate here on the Sunday night.
Warm and inviting! A very nice stay and very helpful staff! Well worth the price.
We will definitely stay here again. Many thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had only a short visit to Dublin and the Belvedere was perfect. The location was great. We were able to walk to everything we needed. Our stay included breakfast and a dinner and the food was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and exceptionally helpful. Unfortunately we did have issue with one of the other guests, but the staff was very diligent in attempting to resolve the issues. The beds were very, very comfortable! It was a great value and we are very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms. The triples were very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen Z
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed for 2 nights B&B in the Belvedere last week (early Jan14). The hotel is a basic 3 star with very friendly staff. The location is very near O'Connell Street, the Gaiety Theatre and the Mater Hospital, so serves many needs well. Denmark street is a relatively quiet street. Room 42 is very spacious, clean, well furnished and suitable for a family. I travelled solo and I guess my late arrival landed me the large room. The breakfast is good with a reasonable selection. One improvement I suggest is free wifi in the rooms, not just the public areas. Despite this I will certainly stay in the Belvedere again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bazil11
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here for one night with my partner as we were going to a play in The Gate Theatre. They staff were very friendly, the room was small but nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean. Very peaceful sleep. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

While traveling from Paris, to England, and Dublin, to Wales, our stop in Dublin at The Belvedere Hotel was amazing! Clean, friendly staff, and the Irish dancers in the pub were so entertaining! Love this place and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the Belvedere Hotel recently to be near to the mater hospital. It was for one night and I admit I would not wish to stay any longer or will not be using this facility again. The room was just ok, could do with a face lift. I didn't feel secure in the room, so never slept the whole night. Hotel didnt serve food until after 5.30pm which was of no use to me as I was returning to the hospital.

The taxi operator that reception uses has alot to be desired. I requested a taxi to the hospital, i know it's only a 10 min walk up the road, but this was after 6pm in the evening and a lone female walking in an unknow area is not a good idea. The taxi driver was disgusted when i said where i wished to go and said he drove 15 mins just to a trip up the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Mollyhen

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. I have spoken to the taxi company that we use and they have assured me that they have dealt with the driver involved.
We have recently finished refurbishing 27 of our rooms and I can assure you that we are constantly improving our product.
We take the security of our guests very seriously. We have CCTV monitoring. Our doors are locked at 11pm and access is only allowed after that time to residents only by our night staff.
Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Regards