“Good value for money!”

Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester
“Good value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A mid February mini break so we wanted something cheap, close to the centre. The hotel didn't disappoint .Rooms were spacious, clean, tidy and good ensuite. Staff were very helpful, we were able to check in early and leave bags after check out.

It is roughly 10mins from the Liffy so not too bad. The only negative was that the room was too warm, despite it being winter, we slept without the covers. Can't have any complaints really about hotel. My 'grumpy old man' bit comes with the room spec (no sign of ironing boarder or trouser press in room as detailed in hotel spec) and location (on other website) not being quite right (not on Parnell square) But this happens a lot. Overall great.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bds885

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

we stayed for two nights 11th to 13th feb room was great for the money, you could have easily fitted 3 double beds in so lots of room to move around and table and chairs to sit and have coffee. bathroom was great looked recently tiled and very very clean, with towels changed daily if you required. bed was realy comfortable but pillows very thin, but no problem asked for two more and they were there within five minutes.also asked if i could have the use of an iron, no problem again,i would certainly try to book this hotel first if i revisit, which i certainly will try ,because this is a lovely city.. out and about we mainly went to temple bar area which is amazing with the live music in lots of bars and so much choice of resturants for meal,....so do not hesitate booking this hotel..you will love it

Room Tip: 226 lovely big room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yozza60
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Great value for money and would certainly recommend. Friendly and attentive staff who went out of their way to help. The room was clean and tidy. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. The location was perfect being a short walk into the city Centre. This was our fourth visit to Dublin in the last 2 years and whilst the other hotels were fine, it will be the Belvedere hotel we will go back to next time as it ticked all the boxes. Thank you Belvedere and we will hopefully see you soon.

1 Thank Dave F
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Dave

Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel while we were in Dublin at a concert recently. From the moment we entered the doors of the hotel, we were greeted with friendly staff members. One which stood out in particular was the man on reception that night; I believe his name was Elon. Once we had unpacked and were ready to leave for the concert, we decided to have a bite to eat at the lounge. There was a great selection of foods available. Because I am a vegetarian, I sometimes find it difficult to find something to suit my diet. I chose to eat something light that was not listed on the menu and this was no problem at all for the friendly waitress and kitchen staff. My fiancé had fish and chips with peas and really enjoyed his meal. When we got back from the concert, we had a few quiet drinks at the bar. There was a friendly and personal atmosphere present. There was a pizza menu in the room, so the guests can order directly to the hotel. The gentleman on reception rang our room to let us know when the delivery had arrived. Check out time was 12 noon and a lovely breakfast was included for us both with our room at an amazing price of just €50. Having lived in Dublin in the past, I am familiar with the main shopping district and recreational areas. The hotel's location is perfect for any activities as it is within walking distance to all amenities. I cannot praise this hotel enough. I have stayed in many hotels in Dublin as well as Europe and often found fault with the room, the service, the food or location. This hotel was perfect in every way. The comfort and service we experienced during our stay was on par with a 5 star hotel I have stayed in during a trip to Germany. If you are looking for value for money with comfort, great atmosphere and excellent location; this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura C
Dear Laura

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope you get to visit us again very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is nothing flash but the location is excellent. Easy walking distance to the city centre.
The staff were lovely. Printed out all my various boarding passes for me without complaint, and even delivered them to my room.
Breakfast was good although little variety.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Madison

Thank you for your review. I hope you will think of us the next time you get to Ireland

Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights over the weekend. Nice clean hotel and walking distance to city centre. Rooms were very hot overnight but could turn radiators off so fine after an hour or so. Nice comfy bed, extra pillows in the cupboards. Overall good base for weekend away.

Dear Coventryhomer

Thanks for taking the time to send in your review. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Just returned home from staying 3 nights at The Belverdere Hotel. Travelling as 2 couples, we booked 2 rooms.
The hotel is based a good 10 minute walk from Temple Bar. Located just off O'Connell St, there are plenty of shops, restaurants and bars on the way to the main hub across the River Liffey. Bus stops for the city tours are a short walk away.
The rooms are spacious and looked like they had recently had a lick of paint. The bed is huge and comfortable. The hotel looked clean. We used the bar for a few drinks before heading out in the evening. Like most of Dublin, the drinks are expensive. We had breakfast in cafes outside of the hotel which were cheaper.

I would have given this hotel 4/5 but lots of little things let it down. The pillows were very flat so I requested another at reception around 4pm. After returning to the room at midnight, there was no pillow so my partner had to go to the laundry room to retrieve one. The rooms were very hot so we turned off the heating but that didn't stop the pipes banging and creaking early in the morning around 5am. This woke me each morning but luckily I went back to sleep. Also, on the Saturday night there was a party in full swing in the function room. We were on the 4th floor at the top of the building but could still hear the music. It finished at 1am so only had 15 minutes to endure since getting back to the room. But the revellers decided to stay out on the street causing a lot of noise for a while afterwards.
Our party of 4 were booked on different flights home. 3 people left at 5:30am leaving me alone in one room. No more than 10 minutes after my boyfriend leaving, a male member of housekeeping came into my room while I was in bed trying to get back to sleep. While I don't believe I was in any danger, the thought of a stranger coming into my dark room as I slept didn't sit well with me. Reception must have known only one of our rooms had checked out because I still had the door keycards.

For the price we paid, our stay was good value for money. Maybe communication between staff members needs to be improved to prevent the mishaps from occurring. I'll certainly be sleeping with the door locked from now on.

Dear Helen

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. First of all I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced. I can assure you that this is not the norm.
If you could contact me directly, I would love the opportunity to make this up to you.
codonoghue@belvederehotel.ie