“Birthday trip to Dublin!”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
England
“Birthday trip to Dublin!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This was my partners & my first trip to Ireland and we loved it!

The Belvedere, whilst not the best we've ever stayed in..it was very adequate. The reception staff were both very helpful and friendly. We were able to leave our bags at the hotel before check in and even after we had checked out - very handy. The room we had was of a good size and standard (clean) and it had what we wanted e.g. tea/coffee making facilities and a safe.

We sampled breakfast on the 2nd day and found it to be good...there was plenty of it (fruit, cereals and fried stuff...bacon, sausages etc). You had to serve yourself but that didnt matter.

All in all the Belvedere is a very good hotel in a fab location as the centre of town is only 5 mins walk away. We would defo recommend this hotel.

Michele & Dean

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelholder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My partner and I went to Dublin for a night and we came across this hotel, Upon arrival the place seemed fine and the check-in was quick and the lady was really friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and no issues there. We had breakfast the next morning and again no issues, everything was consistent and well recommended and its about a 20 30 minute walk to the Temple bar area so all in all a great we hotel for what you pay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
North Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I lived in Dubin for almost 5 years and know it well, so wanted a hotel that was in a handy location for town and on the Northside. The Belvedere was perfect as it is near Parnell Square and extremely well located for the city centre. We arrived earlier than check in time, but having been warmly reassured by staff via a telephone call I made beforehand we were able to leave our luggage in the hotel a lot earlier than the standard check in time. In fact, when we arrived at 12 noon our spacious , comfortable, clean and well equipped family room was already available for us. We were warmly greeted by Nicola to whom I had spoken earlier by phone; she was welcoming, professional and pleasant. The room was great- really comfortable beds and nice and clean, The breakfast was fantastic; staff attention and service were great and the food was amazing; We were expecting a continental but actually got a full Irish breakfast for no extra cost- all cooked really well. Finally, the price was excellent overall particularly for a hotel right near the centre of town, I would recommend highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Libourne, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went to the Belvedere Hotel from March 31 to April 4th 2014 with a group of 21 high school students. We got a warm welcome and all along our stay, the staff was very nice and helpful.
The rooms whether quadruple, triple or double were really spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet was exceptional and the set menu for dinner was really generous. Every morning we had our packed lunches ready. We spent four wonderful days at this hotel which is very conveniently located, just a 15-minute walk from O'Connell Bridge or Temple Bar, very close to The Writers Museum and The James Joyce Centre.
In short, we highly recommend the hotel.
If you are a teacher with a group of students, you must not hesitate, book at the Belvedere Hotel for your group, you won't be disappointed.

Pascal Mercier , Lycée Jean Renou, 33190 La Réole (FRANCE)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My mam, my daughter and myself stayed up over night to do a bit of shopping as a treat for my daughters birthday. from the word go the staff could not have been more helpful, big smiles and happy in their work. When we got to the room I couldn't believe how much space was in there considering it had 4 beds but there was still plenty of room to lounge around and have cups of tea!! When we returned from our shopping, we met up with my brother and the 4 of us had a beautiful meal in the bar.The menu had a very good choice and the price very inviting too. i will definitely be back again any time i need to stay in dublin so why not see for yourself and try the Belvedere Hotel. I'm glad I did.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed for 1night with my husband and four kids,2 triple bed rooms,I had requested rooms be next to each other(be close to kids)and when we checked in the helpful lady on reception had this organised. The hotel was in close walking distance to everything.we had booked for buffet breakfast as we where heading to Dublin zoo for the day,and this was excellent! Will definitely return on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days with a friend. My husband booked it for a Christmas present and had booked a double room by accident but the staff changed it to a twin with no problems. The live online chat was very helpful and a good asset to the hotel.
Very clean and comfy.
The staff were efficient and helpful, smiley and jolly.
A good location as we don't mind walking and the buses were nearby.
The only small nit picky thing is that I would have liked to see fresh fruit at breakfast time.
I would recommend it and my friend has booked to stay there again and she is fussy where she stays !

Room Tip: Just ask when you book. The staff are great