“Can't wait to stay again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Belvedere Hotel

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to stay again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked the Belvedere Hotel for myself and my two daughters aged 10 and 6 years old. We booked it as we were going to see One Direction. The location was perfect for us, a 5 min walk from Croke Park and just around the corner from O Connell Street. The room was massive, it was clean and very comfortable. To add a lovely touch (which my daughters were very excited about) there were 3 One Direction cupcakes in the room on arrival. Little touches like that, leave an impression. Beds were very comfortable, had a great night sleep. Hotel in general was clean and tidy. Staff were helpful and extremely helpful. Breakfast was served from 7am to 10am, plenty on offer, and no complaints from my kids. Overall, a really great and pleasant stay. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: When I booked I called the Hotel instead of booking online, the girl Salome, done everything for me...
2 Thank clickm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for the One Direction concert. The location was perfect being so near Croke Park and also O Connells Street for some shopping. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. One Direction cup cakes left in the rooms went down a treat with the four girls and us adults too. They were delicious. Food was excellent. The only disappointment was on returning frozen and wet from the concert tea and coffee and hot chocolate was not available. It had just finished at 11pm. This was 11.02pm. We felt and effort could have been made for the night that was in it. However, everything else was great and we will certainly be staying again.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel while in Dublin for a concert in Croke park. The location was perfect for croke park and shopping. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable and there was a great atmosphere in the hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I booked a quadruple room and it was lovely and spacious for a family
Kilkenny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stated at belvedere hotel while attending the one direction concert in Croke park. Excellent location, 5 mins walk to Croke park, 5 mins walk to qpark clerys , great overnight rates. Very spacious family room. Very comfortable beds . Decor a little dated but that certainly did not put us off. Bar food very good and very reasonable . Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast average typical hotel breakfast I suppose.
Would def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has good reviews and maybe we got a bad room but the bathroom stunk of urine so bad that you could smell it throughout the room. All 4 beds had old mattresses to were the springs came through. The tv didn't come through so at times the picture would be clear for a mon then almost static like for the rest of the time. This place is not worth the money.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Clean rooms, nice location close to the center of the city, various Irish programs for fun down in the bar, and very pleasant staff.

The only thing we could make a remark about is a wifi signal in the rooms.

We spend nice holidays there.

• Stayed April 2014
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Belvedere from May 16 to May 19, 2014, Room 207. Getting to the hotel from the airport was relatively easy. There is an Airlink shuttle bus that runs from the airport down to the center of town, and the hotel is within walking distance from one of the stops. You can purchase a return ticket at the time of your purchase which is convenient and cheaper than buying two different tickets.

I arrived early and was not able to check in to my room, but the hotel staff was cheerful and friendly and offered to keep my bags until the room would be ready. So I left my baggage and headed out for a tour of the city. I returned to the hotel an hour before their recommended time, and my room was ready at that time.

As the hotel is near the downtown area, there was plenty of foot traffic and I wasn’t aware of nor did I have any issues with the location and questionable activities. There is a pub/restaurant attached to the hotel, but I was never aware of what was going on there.

The room was more than adequate for my needs. It was well appointed including large bed, TV, bathroom, and ample outlets for all my gadgets (be sure to bring your own adapters). There was enough room for all my stuff, but I really missed not having a writing table for typing and internet. Wi-Fi is provided free, and it is very fast and friendly - I used it the whole time I was there and never experienced a glitch.

Breakfast is available for a fee (8 Euro at this writing per day). It was ample and a variety of food was available. Instant coffee and pot were available in the room for early risers. The dining room was well-staffed and the food was always being replenished by the staff. Well worth it, especially if you plan a long day of sightseeing. There are lots of restaurants in the surrounding area with all kinds of options, and there are several mini and supermarkets around the area as well to purchase snacks or drinks to take back to the room.

There is a trick to operating the shower which I discovered by accident. At first I didn’t think the hot water was working, but I finally figured out how to use the tap(s). If you have problems, be sure to talk to reception.

The room did not have a view, but there seemed to be a lot of activity that could be heard outside - especially if the window was ajar or open. Pigeons were also roosting on the building next door. I slept very soundly the whole time I was there and liked to keep the window slightly open.

All in all, the hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful with suggestions on how to enjoy the city, etc. This hotel is conveniently located to everything you could possibly need to enjoy a trip to Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SteveNM
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Steve

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed stay with us and I hope that you get an opportunity to visit us again.

Regards