The Belvedere Hotel
US$297
US$232
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$291
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
US$203
US$187
  • Breakfast included
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$258
US$250
Orbitz.com
1,449 results
All reviewsirish nighto'connell streetcity centretemple barfamily roomcoffee machineshort walkcroke parkdouble bedspacious roombreakfast was excellentstreet noiseyogurtirelandspirebuseseuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked a midweek break for my partner and me last week. We booked it online and the Hotel looked amazing. But alas it was completely different. On arrival the male receptionist gave us a daring look and then places us in a tiny room under the stairs! The room was dreadful. The musky smell was gut wrenching, the carpet had only been giving the once over with areas of dust in the corners, we had barely any room to manoeuvre around the bed the room was so small, the window wouldn’t stay open on what was an extremely hot day, the furniture was completely outdated with paint chipping, the skirting boards were scuffed, there was large stains on the wall beside the bed, the shower railing was rusted and a small bit of mould was caught under the lining of the shower curtain. I was heartbroken to say the least so much so I was ready to go home. My partner then suggested that we ask to move rooms (at which point I was afraid encase that was the best we got!). We went down to reception and were meet with a warming smile by a new lady behind the desk. When we stated what was wrong, she apologised and offered us to a new room.
The new room was quite large with two wonderful large sash windows. More importantly it was CLEAN! It was still very out dated but compared to what we had been previously put it in, it was like a palace. The service of the staff was professional and you can tell they are great at their jobs. We stayed here the two nights and fell in love with Dublin.
This hotel has so much more potential. I think a new cleaning company should be hired. The chemicals that they are using are only adding to the effect of the musky smell. And from reading previous comment, cleanliness is obviously an issue. New furniture should also be considered. I know this is costly but the rewards will be worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sinead G
Cathal O, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Sinead

Thank you for your review and for bringing the issues that you experienced to my attention. We are addressing the issues you highlighted in the first room got. I am sorry that the room did not live up to our usually high standards of cleanliness. Please accept my apologies for that. That room is in the Georgian part of the hotel so the rooms do vary in size. I was very pleased to read that we were able to move you to another room, which you were happy with.
Once again please accept my apologies.

Cathal

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you like good customer service, this is the place for you! Less than a block off the "main drag" of downtown Dublin, this hotel is centrally located and offers a homey experience. The staff all excel at customer service, but the dining room manager (Louise) is the poster child for hospitality!! She speaks to everyone and makes you feel so welcome whenever she sees you. She moves quickly and efficiently but never gives the impression she is too busy to stop for a chat. When we complimented her, she just laughed and said she had only come second in a competition... Not sure what someone would do to outshine her!! Front desk was very friendly and helpful - they offered assistance. When we arrived, they were overbooked but they had already arranged for us to go to the Gresham (nice upgrade!), then called a taxi and even sent an employee with us to facilitate the transfer!! They have trad Irish music in the evening on some nights. We were exhausted after touring but were not bothered by any noise from this.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall so no noise from the hotel. We faced the front and there were flats across the street. We were there on a weekend, so the "neighbours" brought their celebrating back home after socialising with many mugs of Guiness. So a room at the back may be quieter.
2  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately didn't get to go this hotel but judging by the great customer service and kind understanding of the situation surrounding the cancellation of the concerts, I will stay there soon, and would highly recommend this hotel on that basis alone. Reactions of companies when things go wrong is usually an excellent indicator of how good they are normally.

2  Thank Tony M

Dear Tony

Thank you very much for your kind review. Unfortunately the weekend did not work out as planned for many people. I am delighted that the way we dealt with it did not add to your stress.

Cathal

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived on the Friday and checked in, the hotel was very clean and the staff were very informative and friendly. They spoke to us about how much breakfast would be and times. When we arrived at our room we thought it was lovely, There were 2 single beds and a double. Everything was clean and beautifully decorated. When we went to breakfast the next morning there was a lovely buffet set up with cooked breakfast on one side and yoghurts and fruit on the other, the food was delicious and set you up for the day nicely. The bar staff were very polite and gave us advice on places to go and see. We would definitely go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tori_tiernan_uk

Dear Tori

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff helpful and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cathal O'Donoghue

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Left my macbook charger in the room and contacted the hotel. One of the hotel staffs Arlene did quickly reply to mail and sent the charger back to me within few hours of time. Definitely a really good service by the hotel staff!

1  Thank VictorNgWH