“good value and service”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #60 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My self and my husband spent a night in the Belverdere early August. We had a lovely meal in the resturant the staff were very helpfull room was clean and the bed very comfortable the breakfast was very good catering for all tastes . The Hotel is near is within walking distance the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is awful! I don't know how it has even one good review. We were in a pinch and booked at the last minute based on reviews here. We arrived to a stuffy hotel, that had no air conditioning. I went to my room, that looked like a dorm room (and not in a good way). The bathroom had mold growing on the ceiling. My mom's room door did not close properly or lock. We were horrified. I will say that the front desk clerk was nice and refunded our money and paid for a cab to take us to a much nicer hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MadSnowDog
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room was clean but tired and could do with decorating. Overall the hotel was well located and the reception staff were excellent and attentive. Had the breakfast for 8 euros each - good value. Good hotel but the room did need some attention.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed at the Belvedere for 3 nights at short notice
The staff were very friendly and helpful
A bonus was experiencing the Irish singing/dancing evening
A relatively small reception area which could become very busy and noisy, with parties leaving/joining
Room good but no air con ?
Food good and enjoyable

Room Tip: Check ref air con
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smudger160
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very convenient well priced hotel with good value breakfast. Stayed for three nights and the rooms were a good size with a comfortable bed. Central location and good links to transport. Would stay there a again when we return to Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simmohueman
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who stayed at the Belvedere recently. She is partially sighted and said not only were the staff helpful but more importantly caring. She said the head waiter was fantastic with her and all staff ensured she had a great and safe stay. Thank you to all the staff at the Belvedere for ensuring my friend had such a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed overnight in the Belvedere Hotel, Dublin in early August.

The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and fresh. I was met by a friendly staff member at the reception who immediately looked after my reservation. I had a busy night's work ahead in my room and needed an additional desk-lamp which was delivered to my room personally by the receptionist who had met me on arrival, within minutes of the request, notwithstanding the fact that the hotel was fully booked and there were no spare rooms from which to find an additional lamp.
That impressed me.
The breakfast staff were equally friendly and good-humoured and the breakfast was hot and delicious.
Overall I have no hesitation in recommending the Belvedere Hotel for excellent service, professional and friendly staff, and very good value. Thank You.

Room Tip: State your requirements. You will be accomodated without fuss or delay by the professonal staff.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business