“Great service, great location - very central.”

The Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Great service, great location - very central.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed here at the weekend as I was in Dublin for a friend's 30th birthday. A group of us stayed here and none of us could find fault with this hotel.

It is very central - jsut a few minutes walk from Henry Street which is great for shopping, very close to great bars and restaurants, walking distance from the Luas which takes you to the train station and walking distance from the bus station.

Our room was very quiet even though there's a busy bar downstairs. We ate in the bar and the food was gorgeous.

Throughout our stay staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend staying here - everything about our stay was perfect.

1 Thank SC78Dublin
BelvedereManager, Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2010
Dear SC78,

Thank you for choosing to stay in the Belvedere and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

Our guest feedback is really important to us as it enables us to constantly review our standards and procedures and make improvements where necessary.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Niamh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

We recently stayed in the Belvedere Hotel for the third time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Belvedere is extremely good value, especially considering the very central location. We particularly enjoyed the live music in the bar during our visit. The bedroom was clean and well laid-out and the breakfast buffet was very good with a great selection of breakfast foods available - much better than I have seen in many 4* hotels in Ireland! Service was great as before and the staff really make this hotel a great place to stay - so friendly and helpful. We are already looking forward to our next visit to Dublin and the Belvedere.

1 Thank Kitty010
Dear Kitty010,

Thank your for returning to the Belvedere and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

This hotel is opposite a casino, and the noise every night into the early hours was horrendous. Hoards of people in the street shouting, arguing, and swearing every night until at least 4 am.
On the first day, when we went down to breakfast the eggs and beans had run out. We had to wait a good ten minutes until they arrived and when they did, the beans were cold. The rest of the food was overcooked and greasy.
In our hotel room, when the toilet was flushed, the tank emitted an earsplitting noise that went on for a good minute. We reported this to reception on Saturday, and when we left on the following Tuesday, it had still not been repaired, and suspect it never will be. We had no apology for this.
Also, the leaflet in our room boasted of free bottles of mineral water and sweets in the room. These did not materialise.

2 Thank Heatherjmyers
Dear Heatherjmyers,

Thank you for choosing to stay in The Belvedere Hotel, and for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor.
Our guest feedback is really important to us here, as it enables us to constantly review our standards and procedures and make improvements where necessary.

I am sorry to see your stay on this occasion did not meet expectation, please accept our sincere apologies for this.

I have shared your feedback with all of our team here, and where possible we have taken corrective action to ensure another guest does not have the same experience.

If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me direct.
Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Belvedere in the future.

Galway Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

A family event necessitated an overnight stay in Dublin. Other family members were already staying at the Belvedere and reccommended it. We were not disapointed. Our room was spacious quiet and comfortable (ground floor, No.44) Our evening meal was pleasantly and efficiently served and the food was very good.. The buffet breakfast was excellent and included in the rate. We would have no hesitation in staying at the Belvedere again

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aok17
BelvedereManager, Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear AOK17,

Thank you for choosing to stay in The Belvedere Hotel, and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.
Our guest feedback is hugely important to us, as it enables us to constantly review our standards and procedures and make improvements where necessary.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Belvedere in the future,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed at the Belvedere Hotel in August 2010 and the staff couldn't be more helpful. The en suite double room was perfect. Lovely, clean hotel. Although there was a bar in the hotel where they had theme nights the rooms were very quiet. The hot and cold buffet breakfast had everything we needed. The Hotel is situated 5 mins walk from main shopping areas. The bus stop for the Tour buses which are a great way to get your bearings are 2 mins from Hotel. Would recommend this hotel for a great stay in Dublin. Enjoy

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
BelvedereManager, Manager at The Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2010
Dear Gardas96,

Thank you for choosing to stay in The Belvedere Hotel, and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay, I have shared your comments with our team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Belvedere in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

You can imagine my horror on Friday morning when I arrived into my practice enquiring about the accommodation details of my impending trip to Dublin, when my P.A. advised that she “simply forgot” to organise same! What made this problem even worse was that I had I had volunteered to organise accommodation for my counterparts as we were heading over to Dublin for the weekend from London for a conference.

There were no rooms available in any of the usual hotels we stay at due to my late booking attempt and the amount of people attending the conference so I was at a complete loss as to where we should stay. My daughter advised that she had rested her head in a “great hotel called the Belvedere” when she was in Dublin at a concert at the O2 earlier this year.

I called reservations and was greeted by a very friendly young lady who advised us that there would be “absolutely no problem accommodating the five of us” – music to my ears!

We checked in Friday evening and quickly snapped up their “meal deal” offer as we were starving after our days travel. How this works is you can get a starter, main course, drink of your choice (yes, wine & beer are included!) AND the buffet breakfast the next morning – all for €20. Such great value! I personally recommend the Traditional Irish Lamb Stew.

Friday evening we strolled into the city (hotel is located just off O’Connell street so we couldn’t have asked to be more central) took in the sites and settled into Temple Bar for the obligatory couple of pints! I can tell you, the breakfast in the Belvedere was very welcome the next morning. Of course they have a good continental breakfast selection but considering the morning that was in it – we went straight for the full Irish which I cannot compliment enough.

The rooms were very comfortable and we got the impression that they had only recently been redecorated. The beds were very comfortable – which I was delighted about because with my bad back, a bed that is too soft can leave me in agony in the morning. My counterpart who forgot his toiletry bag appreciated that the complimentary toiletries supplied in his room were full bottles of shampoo and shower gel rather than “those ghastly little things you can never get the product out of!”

All in all it was collectively agreed that we all had a great experience at the Belvedere Hotel in Dublin. See you next March for our next conference folks!

Dr Roderick Hayward

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear roderick_hayward,

Thank you for choosing to stay in The Belvedere Hotel and for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, I have passed on your kind comments to the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Belvedere in the future,

London, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. The location of the hotel is about 10 mins walk from the city and shops etc.
When we arrived at the hotel the receptionist was really helpful I think her name was Ellen, she was really lovely and helped on anything you asked her. (unlike the evening receptionist, he was pretty rude and unhelpful!).
When we got into the room, I always check the bed linen in any hotel we stay in. I was horrified to find when we pulled back the bed sheets that there were hairs, long black ones in our bed; which we hadn't even slept in. Seeing how I am blonde and my partner has really short hair these were def not ours! Gross... It was like the bed hadn't been changed from the previous people!!!!! the bed also dipped in the middle and was so uncomfortable.
The room was freezing in the night, we checked the windows were not open as it was so cold and found the window in the bedroom had the entire left hand side missing, so obviously that's were the cold air was coming in.
The bathroom was OK, Run down with cracked tiles and when you flushed the toilet it made the worse noise you have ever heard which went on for a while, so if you flushed it in the night you had no chance in getting back to sleep! overall pretty shabby rooms!
The only good thing was the bar, friendly barmen but SO expensive... like most places in Ireland at the moment 14 euros for 2 drinks..... although was disappointed that the sign outside which stated live music on a friday night didn't actually excist on the friday we were there but a private party...annoying when we had come back from town to sit in the bar and listen to the band only to find there wasn't any and it was dead! Also the bar didn't open on the Sunday afternoon until 15.30 dispite advertising it was showing the 13.30 Man city football game... pointless!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JonesBoyes
Dear Jones Boyes,

Our guest feedback is really important to us here, as it helps us to constantly review at our standards and procedures.

I would like to apologise for the various shortfalls in housekeeping and maintenance you experienced during your stay, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I assure you all matters have been been followed up with relevant departments and corrective action taken to ensure another guest does not have a similar experience.

With regard to the lack of music on the night of your stay I am afraid this was out of our control as we were left down at the very last minute by our regular band, not leaving us enough time to arrange replacement. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this caused to your evening. I have followed up with our Catering manager with regard to the late opening of the bar and we have taken on board your comments and will ensure the bar is open in line with sporting events advertised.

I do hope you will consider coming to stay with us in the future, we would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to The Belvedere.

Should you wish to discuss any of the above points or if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Niamh.