“Great Brunch”

Description: Www.twitter.com/beardublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ate here yesterday and sat outside in the sun. The brunch menu was varied. We had minute steak and chips for €10, toast buttered with avocado and topped with loads of mushrooms, for €8, with a side of chips. We were really happy with our choices. All were really delicious. The chips were lovely and dry. Salads around us looked really good too. Wine very reasonably priced. Will definitely go back. Even tried to recreate the mushroom dish this morning but didn't do as good a job!

Visited May 2014

Larne, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Looked like a great place to eat. We were there on Good Friday so were not permitted to have a drink, as with most bars and restaurants in the city but this was not an issue. My boyfriend had one of the steaks which he found OK, not great, while I had the chicken which I found to be very dry and my side was over the top with garlic! The best part of the meal was the homemade lemonade. Perhaps if we had tried something else on the menu it would have been a slightly better meal as the people around us all seemed to be having more appetising dinners.

Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Cheaper cuts of meat but that's all you get”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hubby and I headed here for quick bite. Although not even 1/4 full service really bad had to get someone's to even order! Hubby ordered feathered steak and that's all that arrived on huge plate not even sprig of parsley! Million dollar fries nice but would need a lot more sides to make meal tasty. I had cumin potato salad with skirt steak but really a whole lot of leaves on a plate with drizzling of potato and bits of steak! Bear do not do desserts as they want quick turnover of tables but on a slow week night could they not offer something! It's a dark place and not very welcoming unless sitting beside window. I would not recommend this place - if you want steak add a bit more money to your budget and go elsewhere !!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SMc135
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Bear is a lovely restaurant, in a nice part of town. My partner had a rib-eye steak which was delicious, I had the dry rub chicken. The chicken was ok, but it was really dry and hard to eat. If I had realised, I'd have asked for some kind of sauce. The salt and vinegar potatoes were nice, the millionaire fries were far too garlicky for me (and I love garlic)! There wasn't anything remotely offensive about our meal here, but I've had better! We paid 60Euro which included 3 bottles of cider, so what we got wasn't great value. If I went back, I'd definitely have the steak, or ask about their vegetarian options (which weren't on the menu).

The service was as good as I've seen anywhere else - the waiting staff had an excellent knowledge of the menu and the cuts of steak etc.

• Visited May 2014
“Tasty , central , nice ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Bear does what it says on the tin. The food was very good. The steak was beautiful but the sides of million dollar fries and onion rings were as tasty as any side I've ever had. Service was good as was the window seat for people watching !!! Worth a visit , and just short stroll to the Luas _ Stephens green area