My family (mom, dad, brother) and I stayed with PJ & Maureen on June 6- June 9. We checked in later than expected, but it was no problem. PJ was absolutely accommodating.
The stay was splendid and I could type plenty, but I'm going to break it down into points to stay simple.
- Breakfast was delicious: you can mix and match to create the breakfast you want. I recommend the traditional breakfast. Need less food? Go for the poached eggs and tomatoes. Maureen makes the breakfast, so if you see her, say "thanks". She doesn't greet guests as much as PJ.
- PJ is full of advice if you ask for it.
- The beds are incredibly comfortable.
- There's parking out front (but you really don't need a car in Dublin unless you're making day trips away from the city). Also, parking in Dublin city is AWFUL. Just a forewarning.
- There's plenty of natural light and mirrors for those who need places to get ready. The windowsills also function great for doing makeup.
- It's quiet, calm and clean without being pretentious or stuffy. Other guests were quiet and respectful, as well.
- It's only a 10 minute drive from the heart of Dublin.
- It's an excellent point for daytime excursions- like Newgrange or the Wicklow Forest.
- It's a 5 minute drive from the airport.
My only complaint is for a lack of plug outlets that fit converters. The plugs (in my room upstairs) were close to the ground, and my converter literally couldn't plug in. There were other plug outlets, so it wasn't a big deal.
Also, the water pressure in the shower is really low. It works, but barely.
Overall, PJ & Maureen are excellent hosts, and Tinode House is an excellent place to stay. I recommend it over a hotel (or another b&b) any day.
Thanks for the wonderful stay!
-the traveling Texans