Abberley House B&B
  • Breakfast included
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsleap cardbed was comfortablerestaurants and pubsbnbdrumcondraairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This BnB is a great choice. When my husband and I arrived, we were warmly welcomed by Margaret. After our long journey, it was so great to be received so kindly. The room was lovely and comfortable with a private bath in a quiet residential neighborhood within walking distance of downtown Dublin. We will definitely return here on our next visit to Dublin. Thank you, Margaret!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolL47
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Our stay at Abberley House B&B lasted for 8 nights and was great!
I loved the quiet neighborhood with old georgian style houses and our hosts Margret and John, very nice, warm, hospitable people that contributed to our lovely stay.
We had breakfast included in our price and was a choice of irish or continental breakfast available in the dinning room.
The irish one is cooked every morning by (usually) Margret, but one morning it was cooked by John and I assure we couldn't see any difference :)
The room was ok although small, clean, with tv, free wifi, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities. The ensuite bathroom was ok as well.
The location of the B&B is pretty good, conveniently located on a few buses' routes to the airport . Opposite the airport is the city center and all the buses go there.
The B&B is 10 min walking from the main road and 30 min walking to city center.
The bus will take you from the station to city center (O'Connell street) in about 7 min.
Close, on the main road, there is a supermarket with extended opening hours (up until 11pm or 12 am) which we found useful for they had (among others) pastries and sandwiches that we bought to have with us during the day, 2 fast foods and one pub.
We felt like home here and we would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This B&B is so private, quiet and cute!! My boyfriend surprised me by staying here for my birthday. I told him I would like to stay somewhere nice by the city and I was expecting to be staying at some major hotel chain. So happy he picked Abberley! They have amazing coffee already brewed when you wake up and the breakfast is great. It is only a short and pleasant walk from the house to the bus stop where several different numbered buses will take you to O'Connell street so you will only be waiting for 10 minutes at the most. Across from the bus stop is a little convenience store and next to that is Quinn's pub which is a nice place to wind down at the end of the night. For the cost and location this is much better than paying for an expensive hotel with the same ammenities and without the hussle and bustle of traffic/clubs/people at all hours of the night. The people all over Ireland are amazingly friendly and funny and the country side is so beautiful. If I ever go to Ireland again, the only thing I would do different is not forget my car and house keys in the room before leaving for my flight home :)

P.S. John and Margaret have been more than helpful getting those keys back to me!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My Boyfriend an I spend a week in this nice B&B!
We felt very comfortable there. We had one room with a French Bed, Furniture, Tv and our own bathroom with a huge shower and a Toilet. Everything was very clean and we felt very welcomed. Our Host offerd us a perfect irish breakfast every morning and also always tried to help us out when we had any questions. The B&B is near Drumcondra Road (Drumcondra Station) where you can hop on nearly every Bus to get directly to the City Centre, although it was very quit in this area so we had absolutly no sleeping issues :)

Nearby there are couple of pubs like Fanagan's and Quinn's Pub if you feel like having a Guinness before you go night night. They also have a free WiFi!

If we ever make it to Ireland again or someone asks for a nice place: This is it!

Thank you for making our Trip so perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

A wonderful stay. Very comfortable. Fabulous Irish breakfasts. Margaret and John couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Only 4 rooms so any would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family