“Felt a little bit like home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annagh House

Annagh House
Ranked #109 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Heilbronn, Germany
“Felt a little bit like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed only for two nights in Dublin to visit some friends and I was really delighted by this B&B. Fantastic location right across from the sea. Good for a wonderful walk in the evening breathing the fresh air. I arrived in the late afternoon and I was welcomed by the host who immediately explained me everything I needed to know about how to get into the city centre and so on. I booked a single room en-suite and I did have everything I needed. I even had a lovely teapot in my room so that I could enjoy a cup of tea whenever I feel like it! My room and the whole house was charmingly furnished and decorated! The host was absolutely lovely too! He asked me about my wishes for breakfast and he kept me company when I was the only guest in the dining room. Delicious breakfast! Can't moan about anything. All in all, he was really keen to make my stay enjoyable! And I have to admit that he succeeded. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Anni193

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for a week while in Dublin to attend a wedding. The location is excellent - right across from the sea, with a few good restaurants nearby, excellent bus service, and a beautiful walk across the bridge to a nice beach. It's a lovely old house. We had a room in the front because we wanted the sea view, but be aware that the cars sound quite loud on this busy road, so you would want a room in the back for quiet. The bathroom is a bit small, but the shower is excellent - just wait a few minutes for the hot water to get upstairs. John may seem a bit gruff at first, but he is actually a real sweetheart and very accommodating and endlessly patient with my many questions. He is a great source of helpful information for how to get around, where to eat, etc. The full Irish breakfast is great, but a bit much for us to eat every day, so all we had to do was ask and we were provided with porridge, yogurt, cheese and bread instead. A really good value for the price and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room in the front because we wanted the sea view, but be aware that the cars sound quite lo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MillicentMayflower
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived to stay one night to catch the early ferry, I am glad we did, the rooms were very dated, woodworm in one of the chairs. The breakfast was just plonked in front of you, no asking what you wanted. Host was not at all welcoming. Would not stay again, More 2 star than 3

Room Tip: Rooms at the front very noise due to traffic volume windows need to be closed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jackie B
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was my first stay in Clontarf, at Annagh House and I was very pleased. When I first looked at Annagh House on line I was immediately drawn to its comfort and the fact that it was away from the City Centre. Clontarf itself is a beautiful area and Annagh House certainly compliments the town and surroundings. Annagh House is directly across from Dublin Bay and Dollymount Strand, a 3 mile beach, which is absolutely beautiful. John and Delia were the perfect hosts - from the fabulous food - to the cleanliness of the accommodations - to the questions about touring sights in the area. Annagh House is a "must go to again and again" and is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Denise M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very beautiful older home that has been totally refurbished by John and Delia. Our room was in the front part of the second floor and was overlooking the water. The view was beautiful. The location is great because you're not in the hustle and bustle of downtown Dublin, but not that far away, either. It was only about a 15-20 minute drive.
Each morning we awoke to the smell of the food being prepared by Delia. It was delicious and plentiful.
We were able to park our car very near to the B&B on the street in front. You may also park inside the gate of their property, if you wish. Nearby is a pier and bird sanctuary, which made for fun walks with our children. There are also a number of good restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to eat in Dublin.
Both John and Delia are charming people and were gracious hosts.
This was overall a very enjoyable experience, and we would definitely repeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph L
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was our first trip to Dublin, we wanted a peaceful location within easy reach of the centre. This is perfect. Fine room, John and Delia are lovely hosts, extremely helpful but not obtrusive, very pleasant dining room and the breakfast was really good and copious. The area is lovely as the Liffey comes down to the sea. Really good walk by the wooden bridge to hidden beach & further on by the sea wall to St Anne's Park. Enjoyed our picnic, by the water right across from the house, bought locally - ask for the good fish & chip shop and there you will find excellent off licence and delicatessen too. Very good bus and rail access to Dublin centre & little towns down the coast, like Howth. If staying for 3 days a bargain is the Dublin bus tour with local bus fares included.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back, it was fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank anne_dixon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

The rooms are tired and very basic. Breakfast was poor and very obviously the cheapest they could buy. On the positive the location was good and owner was helpful if not lacking in manners occasionally.

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank melodycool1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Bram Stoker Hotel
#102 of 161 in Dublin
Seaview
Seaview
#65 of 161 in Dublin

Been to Annagh House? Share your experiences!