“Great place”

Ranked #78 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Londonderry, NH
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I booked this B&B through Hostel.com. They did not confirm the booking with Mrs. Kenny who was surprised when I arrived with my friends, but who was gracious and welcoming once she recovered from the shock. The accommodations were lovely, and breakfast was terrific. Wet were only there one night, but it was very nice. Mrs. Kenny gave us hot water for coffee or tea, the bed was very comfortable and one room had the bathroom ensuite while the other room had a sink in the room and a bathroom right outside the room. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the house have the sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mjws2000

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Helmond, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The B&B is a bit hard to find but once you get there you can expect a very warm welcome from Mrs. Kenny. The room is a bit tight but very cosy and the beds are comfortable. Coffee and tea was ready for us and some chocolate to go with it. The room and bathroom had every comfort you could wish for. The breakfast was more than complete, too much for us! This is certainly a B&B I would go back to, also because it is nice and quiet at night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Audrey K
Pembroke, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The family room was rather tight and the bathroom is not en suite, but there's a sink included in the bedroom, plus a thermos for hot water for tea, drinking glasses, hair dryer, etc. If I were staying more than one night, I would unpack into the cupboards and drawers to get our luggage out of the way so the family can move around. Great blackout curtains, quiet street that's not quite a cul de sac. Our private bathroom just a few doors down was sizable compared to other B&B's; the shower includes a bathtub, for example, and plenty of room for me to move around in the bathroom while supervising my kids' showers. Spotlessly clean, and American-style wash cloths were provided, as well as body gel and shampoo. Fresh towels each day. Great water pressure and temperature. As no one else was staying, Mrs. Rita Kenny said we could use the single bathroom as well, in case more than one person needed a bathroom at the same time.

She was very accommodating of our schedule; our plane arrived early in the morning and we wanted to drop off our car and luggage prior to check-in time so we could get into Dublin as soon as possible for sightseeing. I cleared this with her in advance by e-mail. Since no one else was staying when we arrived, she just checked us and our stuff right in and offered us tea. There's really only space in the private "driveway" for her car and ours; next day another couple parked on the street. It's a regular suburban neighborhood; parking was not a problem.

There's no actual view of the sea below because of the neighborhood fence covered in foliage; there's no public access down to James Larkin Road from there. But we had a huge rainbow in the sky on our first day.

The B&B is just a five-minute walk from a bus stop and 15 minutes walk to the DART station (five stops to Tara Street in the city centre). Sometimes there's an attendant at the DART. The DART station is near some pubs and other restaurants. Breakfast was quite plentiful and Mrs. Kenny serves Florida's Natural, which is a no-pulp, low-acid flavorful orange juice. Orange juice at some of our other B&Bs was of a dubious nature. She provided beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms with the scrambled eggs for the vegetarians, while the meat-eaters got the bacon (what Americans would call Canadian bacon) and sausages. Multiple kinds of bread each day. And yogurt. She was always careful that the children not touch the hot plates.

Mrs. Kenny will chat you right up. I'm not sure why "B&B Ireland" gives this establishment only 3 stars, unless it's for size and vista. It's a cozy fit in the front sitting room and dining room if the place is full; the walled garden is small, but on the other hand, there's the usual pretty flowers and shrubbery.

On our way out of town we just drove some blocks over to see Bull Island and a view of Howth in the distance, and decided to take a drive over on the causeway. You can go birding there on Bull Island, and there's a couple of golf courses.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ProfLitty
wabush labrador
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Seaview at the advice of another B and B owner where I had stayed before ,and was fully booked. In a quiet area of Raheny close by bus to the city centre, and to one of my favourite parts of Dublin "Howth". On the day I arrived from Canada I was to meet my brother in London , he wasn't there....unable to reach him I continued to Dublin , hoping it was a dealy . He wasnt carrying a mobile phone. After a few hours I continued to the B and B . Rita Kenny was so gracious, she gave me tea and soup and offered some advice. A third brother was arriving even later , so I went to the pub ( it was after all paddys day weekend) ...a short time later my missing brother arrived at the pub. Ms. Kenny , knowing I was concerned drove him there to meet me so I would no longer be concered. Turns out he was delayed in London ...Our stay , three brothers travelling together overseas for the first time was superb. the breakfast was outstanding , and would fill you for the day . When one guest said his wife wouldnt be coming down for breakfast Ms. Kenny insisted she have some food...or take some...as she said nobody leaves my house without eating something, ot taking food. It was a genuine gesture to make sure that no guest ever find themselves hungry ...the house was comfortable and spotlessly clean ....It was a delight to find this place. By the way she is close to dublin bay and you can leave the house and take a delightful walk along the sea ...This is a great place to go , whether by yourself, or with a group of friends. CLose enought to the city centre, but far enough away for peace and tranquility if that is what you seek.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wabushtraveller
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The B&B "Seaview" is located in Raheny, about 8 km of Dublin's city center. It can be reached by bus (no. 31, 31A, 32, 32B, leaving from Lower Abbey Street), you should get off on Howth Road at the 3rd stop after the big junction with traffic lights (get off at the Old Sheiling Hotel). The lady running the B&B is very friendly. She provides her guests with hair dryer, towels and bed linen. The breakfast is excellent, she has self-made bread, traditional Irish breakfast, toast, cerials... It is a quiet location with good transport connection to the center. The B&B is very clean and convenient!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julia W
Milaan
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Unfriendly staff. We booked a room with a double bed but got a room with two single beds. Having breakfast with "anti-immigrant" discussions by the owner was not really appreciated by us.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rubinetto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Marine Hotel
The Artist Residence Dublin
Gleann-na-Smol B&B
Gleann-na-Smol B&B
#1 of 4 in Howth

Been to Seaview? Share your experiences!