“Great value pies”

The Pieman Cafe
Ranked #191 of 2,723 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a big pie eater so decided, after seeing reviews, to visit this place. It is excellent value, especially for Dublin - pie, mash (or chips/mushy peas/roast potatoes), gravy and a can of drink for €7.95 or €9.95 with an alcoholic drink. Being a pie connoisseur, my chicken and mushroom pie wasn't the best, but the mash and gravy were quite good. The cafe itself is very small and the pies are just served from under a big heat lamp, so they are not the freshest - but this does mean that it only takes a second to be served your food. It is also right in the heart of temple bar, so it is in a good, convenient location.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favorite place to eat In Dublin hands down. Fresh pies made locally, friendly staff and all for a decent price :)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We heard about these pies in another pub that was serving them, and had to make our way over to the store. It was a small and cosy store, with limited seating so try to go around real busy times, or plan on taking your meal to go. The pies were delicious and felt like comfort food on a rainy day. I had the Chicken and Mushroom with a side of Mashed Potatoes, then tried my friends Beef and Guinness. So glad we got a chance to visit and would certainly go back!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

For 9.95€ you get a fresh hot tasty pie, we tried steak and guinness and chicken and mushroom, scoop of mash, scoop of mushy peas, lots of gravy and a bottled beer! Delicious food, great service, great value for money in an expensive city, loved it, would definitely recommend

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Potpies were our main staple while in Ireland & The Pieman was my absolute favorite. There were several to choose from & the gal who served us was extremely friendly and eager to chat about all things potpie.

I had a classic Chicken Potpie with Gravy & Mash that was pretty amazing. My friend had the Steak & Guinnes that she loved so much I didn't even get a bite.

There are a lot of aggressive "sales" people trying to push tourists into their eatery down in Temple Bar, I am glad we ducked down the little alley that The Pieman was in.