“Good experience with 6 people”
Review of Beshoff Restaurant

Beshoff Restaurant
Ranked #644 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Good experience with 6 people”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family was over for a few days so I wanted to show them what fish and chips are. We went to Beshoff as I had gone there already in Howth and has a good experience there.
We were 6 of us so we splitted in two groups, 3 went to order the food and 3 stayed at the table we had found. It was clean and not to busy.
As we were a lot of people, the waiter brough us the food upstairs which was very helpful. The food was good. Reasonable prices
Nice place to go with your family while visiting Dublin City

• Polish first
Newbridge, Ireland
“Pretty Poor”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went here for dinner last week and I have to say I was very disappointed. The fish and batter were tasteless and the chips weren't much better. The fish was also covered in oil, very unappetizing and the tartare sauce was terrible too. The worst part was the expense, way overpriced! We had been to Beshoff Bros in Howth a few weeks ago and thought this would be similar. Im not sure if they're connected in any way but they are nothing alike.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank KinneaghKitchen
San Diego, California, United States
“Best deal for good Fish N Chips!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Best value for fresh Fish N Chips in Dublin!

8.25 euro for a hearty plate of Fish N Chips! YES! Or you can opt for a salad instead of chips, or do half and half like I did. After heavy Irish eating, it was nice to get some fresh veggies into my Californian metabolism. This was the only Fish N Chips for less than 10 euro I could find during my 9 day Ireland vacay.

The one flaw is the lack of freshly made tarter sauce, but otherwise this is great food for the budget traveler.

Visited April 2014
Dublin
“Ivan it was terrible”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Visited this establishment on 28th april at lunch time 1pm. My wife had cod and chips I ordered haddock and chips. The chips were good ,but the fish and batter left a lot to be desired. The batter was soggy ,with the result that my wife took one bite and just left it . Both fish were watery and transparent ,far from appetizing.
Wont be going here again .Advice to visitors to Dublin any chipper is as good and better that this over priced one.Try somewhere else.

2 Thank Kalimantsi
Dublin
“Ivan it was terrible”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just had lunch in Beshoff in O'Connell St Dublin. Wife had Cod and chips I had Haddock and chips as that's what Beshoff's is famous for. Having lived not too far from Ivan in Coolock and known the man himself. All I can say is Ivan come back all is forgiven. The standards have slipped too low. Seldom have I had soggier fish and the same goes for my wife's Cod. Both the batter and fish were like water transparent. My wife just ate one mouthful and left the rest, I had difficulty but ate it. Disappointed as being a native Dub. I know my fish and chips. I can get better quality at lower prices in any Chipper in any area in Dublin.