“Not what expected”
Review of Four Courts Hostel

Four Courts Hostel
Ranked #31 of 122 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After reading all of the good reviews on trip advisor and hostels.com, I was disappointed in our stay at Four Courts. We booked a double private room with bath, but when we got there we found out that the shower was down the hall in shared quarters. Also a VERY small double room. I've stayed at several hostels across Europe and this one was one of my least favorite.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Molly W

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night, and felt like I was back in a university residence. This place is big, has an elevator which was convenient, and resembles a dormitory. There were lots of younger traveller who looked like they were having a great time.
Our 'twin ensuite' consisted of a bunk bed and a toilet and push button showers were down the hall. The modest accommodations were fine and provided everything you would need, but the front desk staff were not particularily friendly or helpful, although we were given a city map.
Overal ok for us but we felt old.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Overall, staying at the Four Courts Hostel was a great experience. It's located in Merchant's Quay, so it's within walking distance of everything but not too close to the loud pubs in the area. The facilities were pretty nice, large kitchen/eating area and they also had a storage room in the basement to keep your luggage when checking in or out. They have free wifi, and I was really happy that they had a free international phone.

The staff were very helpful, and the place usually had great music playing. Only complaints was that the heater was extremely loud at night (just had to fiddle with it a lot to make the sound stop) and the showers took a while to heat up. Stayed here for three nights, and met some really nice people, I would definitely recommend this hostel to people traveling on a budget. (Make sure to take advantage of the free hostel tour)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in an 8 bed en-suite mixed dorm with a couple of friends and we all couldn't believe how comfortable the beds were, how quiet the room was and how nice the hostel was in general! Excellent location 5 minutes from the lively Temple Bar area, on the front of the river Liffey and very central for basically all tourist attractions. There is a communal areas with sofas and bean bags where you can relax or watch movies, a pool table and foosball table etc. When we stayed the hostel put on a beer pong tournament which was great fun! We had no problems with other people staying there regarding noise. I would definitely recommend to anybody!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Fab hostel, staff were really great, always helped you out whatever you asked, nothing was too much trouble. Staff put on lots of activities over the bank holiday weekend and Good Friday when all the bars were closed which made the weekend really great. Everything was clean/comfortable in rooms, very comfortable beds and the cleanest hostel bathroom I have ever had.The breakfast was good and the location is Ideal for exploring Dublin/ temple bar! This hostel is such good value for what it provides and I will recommend to everyone, we will be back soon!

Room Tip: booked an 8 bed dorm and no complaints!
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from staying at the Four Courts Hostel as part of a group of 14 on a stag do and had a fantastic time. We were welcomed by 2 friendly Hostel workers and able to store luggage 4 hours before check in and 6 hours after check out!
The rooms were more than adaquate, clean, warm, decent showers. The bunks are very comforatble and all in all very impressed.
Security is tight as its 24hour access so make sure you remember you security pass
Didnt really sample breakfast as we were looking for more something a bit more substantual!
Would stay again tommorrow!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dibsy1984
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was in Dublin for the latest fully-booked-packed-up St Patric's Day Week-end.
I was late in booking, and the only central Hostel I found two beds in the same room was the Four Courts Hostel.
I have been satisfied of my accommodation and of my stay at this hostel for the following reasons:
- The bed: classic bunk bed in a 16 beds girls dorm was comfortable, the room was big enough for all of us
- The location is perfect: a nice walk along the Leaffy takes you to Temple Bar and O'Connel/Grafton: perfect distance to get out of the mess but being close enough to reach it if you like it :) (quite place but not isolated)
- Staff/Common room with internet access is helpful and full optional: they also print for you the Boarding Pass: that really helps! and have a bus service to take you to the airport every 30 minutes in the night also! it was really good and cheap (6 euros)
- Price was reasonable for St. Paddy: 70 euros x 3 nights
I would recommend the staff at the Four Courts of the following (cheap!) improvements:
- Oil a bit or change (do you know IKEA?) the drawers : they are the hell noisy even though you're trying not to wake up all the dorm!
- Please please change the showers curtains with some kind of sliding door and add more showers (2 for 20 beds are a little underestimated, aren't they?!)
This said, I would definitely  be back in the hostel,
have a nice time in Dublin!

• Stayed: March 2012