Spire Hostel
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmixed dormbunk bedsfree breakfastground floorluggage roomcentral locationother guestso'connell streetexcellent locationsnorelinensplugslock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent only one night here, the service was great and the location is perfect. I was sleeping on a huge bedroom and I think the only problem was that as it was saturday I could hear everyone partying. But the hostel is quite good in general, I can't say more as I was only one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kass_89
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed in the double bed private room, it was pleasant clean and the staff were very helpful.
my only problem with the hostel was the showers, they were one of those press for 10 seconds showers that had no control over the water and most of the time it was cold.
other then that I have no complaints and it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The hostel is very new and at a perfect location, the showers and washrooms were very good and clean, I stayed with 2 friends for 2 nights in a 8 beds dorm and the bed was very comfy. The staff was very nice and helpful, lots of young people there. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Lorcanoc, Owner at Spire Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thanks for your review, really glad you liked your stay !

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This a really central hostel and it's clean with good washing facilities. In theory, it's all you could really want from a hostel in the heart of Dublin City. I was kept awake some of the time from the noise outside, but not many people stay in a hostel for the peace and quiet and it wasn't too bad! My friend and I stayed in an eight-bed dorm, but found that the only bunkbeds that were left didn't have ladders, so getting into bed was a bit of a challenge. Getting down was even more tricky! Apart from that, it was pretty good and the staff were friendly. Would I stay there again? Yep, you could probably talk me into it...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AnonyWozy
Lorcanoc, Owner at Spire Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Hi , thanks for the review.Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the missing ladder. , i wasn't aware of that , so thanks for letting me know. Any missing ladders are being replaced this week. we've also just installed lockers in reception for keeping valuables in.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Spire Hostel is located just off of O'Connell street, which is the main street running through Dublin's city center. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and linens are provided if needed. There is also free wifi, and free breakfast included with the price. They have a kitchen available if you want to cook your own food. It is located on a side street and a lot of buses and trucks stop outside, so it can be quite noisy especially early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends