“Tasting menu is superb - great meal, best in a long time in Dublin ”
Review of The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse
Ranked #159 of 2,664 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here tonight with my brothers in law and I must saw it was pretty spectacular

We had ordered the tasting menu and it was sublime. I had never had rabbit as a main before but it was delicious. There was a ravioli starter which was one of best thing I've ever eaten.

Service very efficient and friendly

One small negative was that red wine was too cold. Took a while to warm up. Extensive wine list but pricey.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had been very excited about going here for some time and definitely wouldn't go back! The portions were small and not particularly good and I was hungry about an hour after leaving. Considereing its expense it was VERY disappointing!

3  Thank Deputy Dog D
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Was here with my partner for her birthday. She had heard so much about this place that she was dying to go.

As it was a special occasion we decided to go for the 7 course tasting menu with the matching wines. It was absolutely the correct decision. The amuse bouche were excellent and each course was excellent. The courses were well explained by the staff and came at perfect intervals.

My personal favourite was the pictasio panacotta and im really not a dessert person. The lamb the cod were also massive highlights. The wines were perfect with each course and came at exactly the right time. The service was top drawer.

I would definitely recommend the greenhouse to anybody who loves food. We were both delighted that we went for the extra extravagance of the matching wines whilst it made the meal more expensive it was a treat and worth every penny as we had a wonderful time. This is a restaurant we could use for very special occasions.

Just a word on the staff who were totally professional and most helpful. We found them above fault. They answered each question we had and at the end when we asked about a few of the wines we were told where we could get them and allowed take a picture of the bottle for future reference. Loved this place definitely the best food in Dublin

Reviewed 26 April 2014

A group of us recently had lunch here. The organiser of the lunch had heard good things about the restaurant and had eaten at the chef's previous restaurant. Why did we leave on a low note, as my title suggests?

Food:
The food is very nice though the lunch menu was very limited and we felt the portions were quite small. No carbs with the main course so we had to ask for bread at the end of dinner.

Wine:
Wine wasn't left on the tables so we had to ask for our wine on a number of occasions.

Staff:
We all chatted about this restaurant after we left and agreed that the staff did not engage. There was no warmth. I was a waiter in a previous life and do like to engage with servers but it felt like the staff were trained at Downtown Abbey.

We know out table wasn't the quietest. We know we paid a considerable sum of money there. We know that we were the only ones left in the restaurant and they wanted us out by 5pm to prepare for a 6pm sitting. But to be asked to leave three times between 5pm and 5.08pm when we all had glasses with a little of the two €75 bottles of wine we got thirty minutes before? Not the experience I want. I want someone to say they have spent well, we don't have more sittings for almost an hour, let them finish their day out. That is the kind of good attitude we have received previously on our outings to Chapter One and Patrick Guilbauds.

Will we return? Unfortunately not. It isn't how customer loyalty is built. From the time your guests come in the front door to when they exit, make they feel welcome and that appreciated. Smile.

5  Thank Archie19
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal in the greenhouse. Every course was superb. The canapés were delicious, the turbot and lobster divine, the soufflé amazing. The matching wines only added to what was one of my most memorable restaurant experiences. The service was professional yet friendly. I'll be back.