“Comfortable Stay in Dublin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Latchfords of Baggot Street

Latchfords of Baggot Street
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
“Comfortable Stay in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I recently spent 2 nights solo at the Latchfords of Baggot St. and found it to be an excellent value for the money. It was very close to St. Patrick's Day and I was trying to find nice accommodation without spending a lot of money. The hotel is centrally located and is convenient to Trinity College, Grafton St., St. Stephen's Green and is very near Merrian Square. I arrived after hours and it was no problem at all getting into my room with a key that was conveniently left for me by the manager Jody inside the lobby. It was great having my own little kitchen because when travelling alone I tend to be a light eater and was able to heat up soup, coffee, tea and keep milk nice and cold for my cereal in the morning. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfy. I would definitely recommend Latchfords to all of my friends and will look them up again when in Dublin.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed in a small one bedroom apartment at Latchford's in August 2012. Because I was alone I got a great rate of 350 euros for the week. The apartment was comfortable and in the back of the property so it was very quiet. The kitchen is just a little kitchenette but I was able to make simple meals like omelettes no problem. The neighborhood is great - just down the street are many restaurants, pubs etc. It is not too far of a walk to the Liffey, Grafton Street, Trinity College etc. I never once took a bus (well, except from the airport.)

Latchford's is also to be commended on its wonderful staff. Jody, in the office, is great - I have never had emails to a hotel answered so fast in my life! And the cleaning staff and rest of the front desk crew - wonderful. Mr. Latchford, give these people a raise!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank rialtogrl
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed here as a 'solo traveller' and booked it at the last minute, meaning I got a great deal (£48 for one night). The hotel is located in one of the finest areas of Dublin...surrounded by bars, shops, cafes etc. Its a nice area of Dublin which is quiet but also very close to the central shopping streets.

In general, the hotel does everything you require.. the rooms are in good order, the staff are friendly (I got a late check out when I requested it and they also looked after my phone charger as I had forgotten it on check out..collected it later that day).

There are no major frills with this place...however, there is enormous value on offer given the price, its location and the general character of the building you will stay in (its an older Georgian mansion house - very nice).

Give it a go if you are there for the weekend and you want something at a decent price.

Dublin 2 is the best part of Dublin and this place in located in its heartland. (i used to live in Dublin and know it well). NB There is a major difference between north of the liffey (Dublin 1 which is not so nice) and south of the liffey Dublin 2 which is nicer). Dublin 2 is a very affluent area which is safe and vibrant,

Enjoy.

Tip, visit Merrion Square park - a fantastic park which is a few hundred metres away...an oasis of calm in a busy, but great city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the back car park - its quieter apparently.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank doscal
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Was very disapointed with my stay in Latchfords. Expected a lot more going by the rating and other reviews, but the room was very shabby and not very clean. It really is no where near the standard of other Dublin hotels in the same price category.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank G S
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at Latchfords for a weekend birthday celebration and had a great time here. The staff provided clear instructions about getting to the hotel and how to access our flat after reception was closed by email, as we had an evening flight. We were initially in the 2 bed apartment at the top of the building. The hotel is a beautiful Georgian house in a great area of Dublin. The 2 bed apartment is fine (maybe a touch small for 4 people) but well-equipped and comfortable. Unfortunately we had an issue with the double mattress as it was quite well used! We mentioned this the next day wondering if we could swap the mattress, but within minutes were offered alternative accommodation in the mews house which was great and very spacious. We found the mews flat very comfortable and peaceful. To the right of Latchfords you have some great Irish bars such as Baggots, O Donahue’s etc and to the left some really nice cafes, takeaways etc. You can walk to Grafton Street in about 15 mins. The best things about Latchfords are the kind and professional staff and the beautiful building. All this for a very reasonable price in a great part of Dublin. You can’t really go wrong. Have a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NatMac5
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here with a friend when we went to see Westlife! Such a great stay, both enjoyed it soooo much! The muse appartment was clean and tidy, had loads of tea and coffee and utilities! Beds were comfy, could hear a pin drop outside! It's in a lovely part of town too and we walked from the dart station to the hotel! So peaceful! The lady at reception was lovely and soooo helpful...she planned our journey (and basically our whole tour of dublin) so that we could see as much as possible and get to Croke part on time....thanks for the help....it is seriously appreciated! I cannot wait to come back (next summer I hope!) Thanks for a brilliant stay! =-)

Room Tip: Get the muse!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have had many stays here in Dublin when visiting my ageing mother in hospital/nursing home, various times. It was absolutely perfect for my needs. I stayed in the mews units - two of them, each really good, small sittingroom with kitchenette, bedroom, ensuite shower room. Latchfords are near a good newsagent, a range of supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, etc easy walk to central Dublin. At the same time, it was really quiet and it really was a rest from my life even though I was busy with family commitments.
My teenage son also stayed here with me a couple of times and it would be his first choice of accom in Dublin too. On one trip, we hired a car and there were private parking facilities within the property - a real bonus.

It's a short walk from Aircoach.

Jodie, Manageress, and her team looked after me/us very well every visit. The last time I came I called too late to get a room - that will not happen again- I'll be more organised as it's the best

Room Tip: Although there was only a shower (I'd have liked a bath) the mews units are superquiet for such...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo