“If your young and on a budget this is a good place to stay”
Review of Paddy's Palace

and 1 more site!
Paddy's Palace
Ranked #81 of 119 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

When staying here you need to remember what you paid and that it's a hostel.
Keep that in mind and you'll be satisfied.
I even tried a different place next door for 1 night because it looked cleaner, the shower was terrible!!! So I went back to paddys.
You'll need to leave 5 euro deposit for your room key and keep all valuables on your person, it's hard to get in the luggage locker as they only have certain times. There are tiny lockers for rent for small valuables and towels are 2 euro each.
Breakfast is free but limited to cereal toast and coffee.
Great location lots of trams, buses and facilities near by.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Paddy's Palace

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Rooms are mediocre. no lockers in rooms. WIFI only in the lounge and it is unbelievably slow. Lounge is locked as of 11pm. Every time you want to get into the building you have to ask someone at reception to let you in.

Good place to stay if you are doing a paddywagon tour, which are loads of fun, otherwise I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2012

A good hostel in the centre of dublin, i found it clean and central and cheap and dont forget there is FREE airport bus, let me repeat that - FREE!
Ok its not a 5 star hostel but im a backpacker, not a 5 star tourist. i thought this hostel was absolutely fine

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have to be honest, we saw the rating and we didn't expect a lot of this hostel. We only booked it because of the free airport shuttle and because we only stayed in Dublin for the night. But it was worse than I thought. The room was very small and only consisted of a bunk bed and a mirror. It was not very clean. It seemed a while since the vacuumed it. The linen lay on the floor instead of the bed. So we were wondering if it was clean. There was something covering the mattress, but it didn't seem like a normal mattress cover and even made the bed more unattractive. You really wanted to stay as less as possible in the room. There was a lot of nice at night and the bed was not so good. The free breakfast was ok. The airport shuttle was late and the bus smelled like cigarettes. We were lucky we had a lot of time before our flight. I would advice you to only book this hostel if you need to get to the airport the day after and need just a place to crash.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahVandenBogaert
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This place gets a 4 because its great value for what you pay. If you want the comforts of a hotel, pay the price of a hotel room :).

Girls at reception were really friendly and helpful, answered all our many questions with a smile, let us chill in the lounge while we waited for our room. Secure luggage storage, small lockers for valuables and a well stocked kitchen with free breakfast, reliable wifi, this place was great.

We were in a top floor room, so its a bit quieter, bathrooms were clean, it helped that we had considerate roommates. We had nice hot showers. Really for 10 Euros a night, its hard to complain. Throw in the free airport shuttle and we were staying for about 4 euros a night :).

Most of the complaints seem to be related to small petty issues or else other guests which aren't really the fault of the hostel. For all the travellers out there, this place is fine. it's not luxury, but its certainly no problem for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Global-Reporter
Reviewed 1 September 2012

If you want even the remotest hope of getting to sleep choose elsewhere. I was put into a basement room that looked out on to the street where traffic and drunken apes kept me awake for the night, but this was after the couple who enjoyed a root in the bunk below me before she left for the night! The only thing that was good about this place was escaping on the free airport bus at 5am.

Room Tip: Umm stay elsewhere?!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed in Dublin’s Paddy's Palace hostel in May-June 2012 for 4 nights without taking showers. Thank god the weather was very cold. I have read a review of 2009 which had complained about hot showers. I assumed must be fixed in 3 years. No, I was wrong and they had not fixed them. Staff is not enough for 140 bed hostels. Very little friendly and not helping at all. Also staff was temp students etc, so no event info was available from them. Also the section I was in had bad showers, only steaming hot water to burn your skin. I had experience burning my skin, complained and no action taken.

I can say only few good things about the hostel. Kitchen, BF (ok) and locations are good. All other are very bad. I do not know about other hostels around but should be reviewed again if it is part of good booking company. Also the responsible staff, main people, will take 3-4 days off together. My refund took for ever because the main person was not there to signoff.

Room Tip: take room 2 doors down from reception to get little better room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends