“A Palace it Isn't, But I Was Treated Like Royalty!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Paddy's Palace
Ranked #72 of 105 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Brisbane, Australia
“A Palace it Isn't, But I Was Treated Like Royalty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

After a long overnight trip from LA in USA it was great to see the Green Paddy Wagon arrive at Dublin airport to collect me...for FREE, I might add too! Bonus 1...

I was only going to stay for 3 nights at Paddy' Palace hostel in Dublin, but the place was so warm and friendly, I ended up staying for 7 nights.
A budget hostel is a budget hostel and I wasn't expecting too much but I was made so welcome, even for my age...no one commented about it and I was treated by the staff and other backpackers as one of them.(I am well and truly a senior senior).

The girls and guys on the front desk were amazing and always smiling and helpful, so much so that I just couldn't be bothered moving to a different hostel in another area. Thanks Alita, Abby, Kate, Tony and all the amazing Bus drivers, esp Shaun. Once I got the WIFI working I was one happy camper and stayed on, enjoying the comings and goings of guests and watching the staff handle so many people from so many different places around the world... Bonus 2

If you stay at Paddy's for 2 nights you get a FREE full day tour to Glendalough and Kilkenny Castle if available Mon-Thurs and that was such a beautiful trip. (By the way, the Castle has a great tea room in the original kitchen of the Castle, with real china tea pots, cups and plates. The beautiful copper kitchenware is also on display there...fully recommend you go have a cuppa and pastries there)... Bonus 3.
I left feeling part of the Paddywagon family and feel I would be disloyal if I came back and didn't go to Paddy's again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Poppiedee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

My friend and I recently spent three nights at Paddy's Palace after completing a 4 day south Paddywagon Tour. The girls on reception were amazing! They upgraded us to an all female dorm and booked no one else in. So helpful with any inquiries we had, polite, and really chatty. They even printed our next hostel reservations and bus tickets off which was such a big help. We would recommend Paddy's Palace to any of our friends travelling to Dublin. The location is perfect, so close to the shops, Temple Bar, movie theaters, etc, and who could complain about a free shuttle to and from the airport! Such an added bonus and saves so much time trying to arrange transport to the hostel.

1 Thank jandals91
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

This hostel is one of the most welcoming places I have ever stayed.

Paddys palace made staying in Dublin a pleasure.

The service which I recieved was great the staff working at paddy palace were the most welcoming and friendly I have ever met and this is coming from staying in over 100 hostels in various countries

The best example would be a very polite and well mannered aussie girl called abby after recognising that I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with finding my way around the city and not having a servicable internet connection on my cell phone Abby spent 15 minutes explaining how to travel to where I needed to be for business giving me the numbers for the best cab firms as well as bus and luas routes and fare information without this exceptional and voluntary assistance I would have wandered the city like a lost dog

The tour trips offered by paddys are a great and the drivers have an informative and well planned itinerary for you and make transport between stops enjoyable with songs and stories reminding me off the good old school days

I would strongly reccomend anyone to book here even if its just one night

Paddys palace fly the flag for irish hospitality and culture

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Thelastknightofmalta
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

The girl on reception had as much personality as a rock...she was totally not interested! Told us the basics and we had to go back and ask (beg) for towels (knew we needed them but forgot!).
Pretty dodgy security, had to buzz at the main door and they would open it...for anyone who buzzes I would guess!
We stayed in a twin room - was on the 3rd floor at the top of very steep stairs (no lift). It absolutely stank and the carpet was filthy. Just enough room for 2 bags on the floor and the 2 people who own them standing next to them. The train line was about 15 metres (not exaggerating) from our window and it was sooo noisy. One advantage - the heater worked, but it wasn't really cold enough to have it on.
Communal showers/toilets were actually quite clean by hostel standards. Kitchen was fairly clean and tidy, although I'm pretty sure the milk was off, and the bread was mouldy.
Pretty good location except for being so close to the train line.

1 Thank SKateWA

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

The room (privet) was to small , the cleaning was poor, the staf wasnt that helpful or nice . in this rate we slept in Dublin in much better hostels . the only good thing is the free shuttle bus . but then again paying 6 Euro for airport transfor and sleeping in better hostel is preferable.

2 Thank Shimrit C
Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Me and a group of friends stayed here the other day for 2 nights... we arrived noing it was going to be basic and just somehwere to sleep but we didnt expect what we found. Its all communal toilets and showers again this wasnt such a problem but when you go to have a shower a find sick all over the floor stains all around the toilet is just not execptable. our better off standing out side the shower aqs the water doesnt stay in the cubical and floods the floor. You expect basic but what you also expect is the place to be clean and this is FAR from clean. My friend didnt have a pillow to sleep with, our floor was disgusting, room smelt fusty like it hadnt been cleaned for ages and the view from out window what can i say if you dont mind looking out on to railings mouldy roof tops fags and drink bottles then this might be your thing but it was VILE!!! Theres ment to be a free transfer from the airport 'paddys waggon' our flight got in just after 3 the bus was ment to leave at 4 but decided it would leave early without warning and left us stranded! Even the other bus drivers comment was "paddys prison bus" in the exact words. Id advise you to stay away from this place even if it is somewhere to get your head down its not even worth the euros! A hostel is a hostel at the end of the day you dont expect much but hygene standards surely they could do something about!! It was terrible worst place ive ever stayed DONT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a tent and sleep outside