“Perfect Location”

The Dawson Hotel & Spa
Ranked #104 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our first stay at this Hotel.Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Had to walk through the bar to get to the rooms,but I didn't bother us.
The main shopping area is very close.
My husband attended a Re union at Royal College of Surgeons which is very close to
The La Stampa.
Overall the experience at La Stampa was good.
Will be back one day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear 133amy,

Thank you so much for posting your review.
We are all glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with our hotel and its location.
We’d also like to thank you for your kind words about our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to La Stampa again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had been looking forward to staying at La Stampa for a while but with a weekend price tag of €180 a night I held off for a mid-week break during October 2013. Unfortunately it was not worth the wait.

On first appearances the hotel lives up to its 4 star rating with sliding glass doors, brass hand rails and door men ready to take your luggage to reception. However from then on things go down hill. The reception itself looks rather unfinished and scant and the journey to our room involved manoeuvring through a large plant - perhaps there was a well hidden renovation taking place!?

In a departure from the online pictures, I found the room to be a collection of mismatched, low quality furniture on creaky floorboards. While the bathroom was to a high standard and came with good quality towels and toiletries, it was showing wear in some places.

On a positive note the mini bar was well stocked and the bed was comfortable.

The bars surrounding the hotel look fantastic and I have previously gone to a hen party cocktail class in Cafe en Seine which was great. Going for a casual drink and snack on another occasion however I did find both to be a little style over substance.

I hope this is useful to others... The location is great and so if you were to find a good deal this hotel may be a good option for a trip to Dublin but I am certainly glad I did not pay for the two night spa weekend that I had initially wanted!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katharine M

Dear Katharine,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review.
I’m terribly sorry to hear that your experience in our hotel was not entirely satisfactory and I'd like to apologize to you.
I have shared your comments with the all management here at La Stampa and hope to have all the issues metioned by you in the review addressed as soon as possible.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We choose this hotel due to the central location and it is indeed in a great spot. Reception were very friendly and accommodated us with a slightly early check in unfortunately after that things went down hill, the interior of the hotel is dated and this could be forgiven if it were clean but the hallways and the bathroom were not spotless. The room was noisy- you are in a main street we were in a front room, this may be better at the back of the hotel. The a/c did not work and it was uncomfortably warm.
Staff were super, helpful and friendly and for that I give a big thumbs up, the rest, well it is somewhere to lay you head..........

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel may be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katharine C
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Katharine,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review.

I have also sent you a private message through Tripadvisor.
I do hope to hear again from you and also to have a chance to welcome you back to La Stampa.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Previous experiences have been exceptional. Dawson St is great - Cafe en Seine, Fire............and of course the smallest pub in Ireland!

La Stampa is amazing - best restaurant by far. Food great, service great.........We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for taking your time to post the review.
We are delighted to read that you have always enjoyed staying at La Stampa
I also want to thank you for your kind words about our restaurant and staff.
We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.

Best regards,
Daniel Fodor

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My second stay at this lovely boutique hotel right in the heart of town. The only down side is that I was in and out far too quickly. Staff is grand and quite helpful. Tastefully appointed rooms that are quite comfortable. The main shopping street/district is one block over where the shops, pubs and restaurants abound. If you need to be in Central Dublin, by all means try the La Stampa!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Redleg06
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Pete,

Thank you so much for posting your review.
I have already shared your comments with all my colleagues here at La Stampa and we are glad to read that you have enjoyed yourstay with us and you were happy with our hotel and its location.
We’d also like to thank you for your kind words about our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to La Stampa again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just a street away to Grafton Street, taxi stand and shuttle bus right at door step. Junior suite was excellent - spacious with a plate of fruits and a "dish" of molton brown toiletries, and more importantly the staff were great including the conceirge who was helping with my luggage. Felt very safe as they use security key pads to enter to the rooms

Room Tip: If you get 3rd floor rooms, be prepared to walk up and down a flight of stairs. Unless you dont mind...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wenray75
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear wenray75

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on La Stampa.
We are delighted to know that you loved our Junior Suite and its décor and have enjoyed your time here at La Stampa.
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to La Stampa.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

While I did only stay for one night - I had a great experience. The room was spacious, clean and well designed. It is so centrally located (one street over from Dublin's main shopping street) that I thought it would be noisy but it wasn't. Anyone describing this as worn out, has entirely missed the beauty of Georgian Dublin buildings and should stick to chain hotels. I would strongly recommend it for couples, as it has a romantic vibe to it, the only people I would not recommend it to, would be someone with mobility issues, they have a lift but I found the stairs easier.

Room Tip: 201 was nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Karyn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, I am so glad you enjoy your stay with us and hope it won't be too long before you are back again.