“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

Decent hotel in a great location. Refurbishment works ongoing at the moment so the place comes accross as a bit grubby, but will likely improve when works are completed. Staff all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pikeman-7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

La Stampa was brilliant to stay at,friendly staff,quality service,top location in the city.Was quite surprised by some of the negative reviews on various sites before I booked..I took the ''risk'' & glad I did!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank BeeHotelReview
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

We spent a wonderful time in your Hotel. We are simply delighted! People were so nice and helpful , service was excellent .
Thanks must go to all the staff for looking after us so well. We will certainly recommend your hotel to all our friends.
My wife and I visited Dublin for the 1st time and we will come back for sure .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wallirab
Hunedoara, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

I spent one weekend night with my wife at La Stampa Hotel to celebrate my birthday. We booked one of their new deluxe junior suites and we were both totally blown away with this room. It was well equipped, very spacious with a big comfortable bed, with a wall mounted TV which could be rotated and swivel so you can watch from bed or from the sitting area. The bathroom was also enormous, with separate shower and a large bath. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent from the moment we checked in to the hotel . We ate in their French bistro and the food was delicious.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel , and can't wait until we go back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank badflorin
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

Had to visit Dublin with work - but partner came along too - and we had a day to selves at end of trip - so trip was mixture of busienss and pleasure. Really liked this hotel. It was expensive to be honest- but as work were paying for my first night - we only had to pay for 2nd.
The location is just super - you honeslty couldn't ask for better. Previous visits to Dublin we visited temple bar a lot - but this hotel taught us how to enjoy true dublin. All the surrounding streets are filled with shops, cafes, delis, restaurants, bookshops. They then lead onto either St Stephens Green - or Graton Street - so everything is on your doorstep. On Saturday we walked to Temple Bar - and quickly remembered how touristy it is - and walked swiflty back to our hotel area to spend the afternoon around there - much nicer area. It was literally 'buzzing' with life (in a nice way!) - I coudl spoends days and days potterign around!
Dont; understand some of the bad reviews - our room was spotless and v luxurious. Big room. Furniture not what used to in hotel - very different style - but that made it nicer! Bathroom was fab - double doors leading onto 'his and hers' sinks. Very quiet at night and we slept brilliantly.
Service was brilliant. We needed to leave bags with them on first morning and last afetrnoon. They were quick, helpful and generally lovely to deal with.
If we were heading back to Dublin - I'd love to stay here again - the only thing holding me back would be the cost (Friday night Was €130 room only).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BelfastAlison
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

I cannot speak highly enough about La Stampa - they made the most important night of our lives absolutely fantastic. My new wife and I held our wedding at La Stampa in June 2010, which involved twenty of my family members staying at the hotel for several days, and a 100 person meal at the Hotel's restaurant, which was called the Balzac at the time.

Notwithstanding that the food and service were absolutely first class, and the restaurant manager, Laurent, a picture of efficiency and easygoing charm, my entire family were thrilled with the service they recieved from the hotel. All of the rooms were very comfortable, functional, and where we needed a little extra help (with, for example, elderly relatives), the hotel staff could not have been more friendly. Indeed, the whole hotel staff were very excited about having a wedding there, and were on hand to help with the inevitable last-minute stuff.

Other reviews on this page will tell you about the fantastic location, lovely rooms (especially the Morocccan Suite, which is incredible), all of which are true, but for us, it was the quality and charm of the Service that really ensured our wedding went off without a hitch. I'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sach_23
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

Stayed 2 nights at La Stampa on a mixture of business and pleasure. Firstly this is a GREAT location. Hotel is on Dawson Street and is only steps away from some great restaurants . . . Marco Pierre Whites steakhouse is doors away and the excellent One Pico is on an adjacent street. Plenty of bars too . . . of all types. If you go out of the rear of the hotel and turn right you will see Kehoes, a great traditional Irish pub, outside the front door Cafe La Seine. Rooms are well a tiny bit disappointing I must admit. Classic rooms all look out over the back of the hotel so don't expect a view of any sort except rooftops. Room was very clean but just not the type of decor I would usually go for (a bit too boho for me - hated the curtains), But beds were comfortable and air conditioning unit was great as it had a quiet setting which didn't could not be heard!!! I usually hate air con as it keeps me awake but this did not! Free internet in all rooms was good bonus. Bathroom was lovely with good shower and excellent his and hers sinks, good towels and toiletries too. I ordered breakfast in my room on both mornings. First morning it was late and I had to ring down. When it did arrive it was a good fry with everything I would have expected as well as a complimentary newspaper. 2nd morning it arrived but had a few things missing so had to be chased up. Would I recommend to a friend . . . hard to say cause the location is almost unbeatable in my opinion so therefore I ticked yes. If you get it at the right price then it's worth it . . . Just don't pay too much I paid 120 Euro per room per night inc breakfast from the hotels own website and thought it was enough.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business