“Perfect !”

Ranked #107 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Perfect !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I went 2 times at La Stampa Hotel in October...and if I went a 2nd time, this is because my first experience had been great !
If you like luxury at a reasonable price, do not hesitate. The rooms are beautiful. I tried a classic double and a junior suite. The location in the city is perfect because at 2 mins walk from Grafton street, St Stephen's green, Trinity College, the bus station to the airport and 10 mins from Temple Bar.
I will soon go back in Dublin because it's a wonderfull city, and it's cool not to have anymore to search for a nice hotel because I will definately go back to La Stampa.

2 Thank mag_paris75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

My wife and I traveled to Ireland in mid-September and spent 3 nights in Dublin at the start and end of our trip. We stayed at La Stampa both times and loved it. A charming little hotel with a lot of atmosphere. The staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly and the decor was very nice without being pretentious. The hotel also has two very nice restaurants and a large bar that can get quite busy at night. It is also located right next to several other trendy bars and night spots. Despite having an active night scene downstairs, the rooms were still quiet enough for a good night sleep (we stayed on the third floor). The only thing about La Stampa that I would describe as a problem was that the elevator and stairs were located in the back of the hotel so you had to go through the bar to get to them. Still, this hotel was fantastic and unbeatable for the price.

The location was also a big plus. It's only a five minute walk from St. Stephen's Green, Trinity College, and Grafton Street and a fifteen minute walk from Temple Bar and the National Gallery. In addition, there is a "Green Bus" stop at the end of the block. The "Green Bus" costs 16 euro for a one day pass and has stops all over the city including the Guiness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol, and Parnell Square.

1 Thank MichaelTheThird
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Our experience was delightful! Our room was inviting, service was courteous and efficient.
You are a hidden secret in Dublin. We loved it and would want to stay there again.

1 Thank sim030
wrexham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I will be clear in my review - the below is not based on any poor service, in fact the service was okay - and I loved my time in Dublin - but the below is worth mentioning and should be taken on board - I was sold by all the positive reviews and felt very let down by the cost/benefit experience
to be completely honest - I have only ever reviewed 2 hotels - but felt compelled to review my experience:
La Stampa - is not a 5 star hotel and not worth the money. It tries hard to be a high end boutique hotel but does not live the experience. We booked a junior suit - it over looked a wall and a roof/hard standing that the staff smoked in - so our window could be viewed by the smoking staff. the description indicated bath and separate shower. The bath was great- a free standing roll top - but only had mixer taps - had to sit down to shower! The bath taps kept on falling off... the noise above from people walking about woke me up- very thin walss, anyone walking up and down the stairs was really loud - lots of drunk people wandering around (consistently through the night so would be surprised if this was a rare occurrence - although accept this may well be the case). I'm 32 so not an old man - I am up for partying, but I expect a party hotel to be sub £100 because of the noise issues - not in the £150 - £200 a night. This was my anniversary so wanted to spend more to get that luxury. This is the issue, this hotel is not worth the money - bargain basement experience for top end prices

3 Thank smoothstar

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

"Luxury Boutique Hotel" - I don't think so!, I think its membership to such a club should be revoked. I was only staying a couple of nights, luckily it was not a romantic great-away weekend with my husband or I would have left. The room was dark and the interior was extremely tired and totally lacked the luxury element I was expecting!!! The hallways!! - (quite a walk) leading to the room were in need of an overhaul. The first morning my room service breakfast was not up to standard, cold coffee, cold toast and the tray was not even covered. Could hear the man from the next room snoring!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank prisu
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My wife and I used the Dublin La Stampa hotel as a base while traveling arond Ireland to Wexford, waterford, Tipperary, Cork, Kilarney, Dingle and to Dover UK. We stayed four nights at the La Stampa over and eleven night trip with three separate stays as we flew from Dublin to Bristol UK and back to Dublin to fly home to NY (USA). The staff and hotel management were extremely helpful and understanding allowing us to leave some luggage behind so we could travel light knowing we were coming back to the La Stampa.
The hotel was clean, spacious and reasonably priced. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The food in the hotel restaurant, both dinner and breakfast, was among the best we had while in Dublin at a very affordable price. The next time we visit Dublin we will stay at the La Stampa.

2 Thank e296560
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We booked this hotel through a discount website and got a great deal. The hotel is so central for a trip to Dublin as within walking distance of lots of wonderful bars and restaurants. The room was a good size and beautifully decorated and furnished, not the stereotypical or standard type hotel decor which was lovely. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back again and would try the spa this time as the treatments look amazing.

2 Thank Pinklily10