“A " Must Have Seen " !”
Review of Jig, the Story of Irish Dance - CLOSED

Jig, the Story of Irish Dance
More attraction details
Owner description: Jig is a spectacular, high energy Irish Dance Show that showcases the best of traditional and contemporary Irish Dance. Jig introduces the audiences to the history of Irish dance and the many different steps, styles and dances that our part of our rich dance heritage. This live, multi-media show runs throughout the year in Powerscourt Theatre just minutes from Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City and is a must see for anyone who has an interest in an authentic culture experience. Our world class professional dancers are guaranteed to impress. Suitable for all ages. Hop Up is our INTERACTIVE show for all those that want to Hop Up , learn to dance and have some fun. This Irish Dance experience opens with an impressive performance by our world class dancers who then invite the audience to take to the floor and learn some Irish Dancing. Fantastic entertainment for families, friends and corporate events. Suitable for all ages. Hop Up runs throughout the year in the Powerscourt Theatre just minutes from Grafton Street in the heart of Dublin City. All tickets include entry to the Irish Dance Museum which houses a collection of dresses, photos and other dance memorabilia.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

" Jig - The Story of Irish Dance" was the highlight of my trip to Dublin !
Me and my friends - we're all doing Irish Dance for ten and more years - were absolutly enthusiastic!
Creating such a brilliant show with just four dancers - that's incredible !
They were fantastic ,and with their bright smiling and spirited dancing they enthraled
the whole audience - you just wanted to stand up and dance !
This show's a perfect mixture of traditionel steps, Ceilie Dance , interesting film sequences
and Modern Show Performance and I think, you really can call it a " Must Have Seen " !
Astrid from Ludwigsburg, Germany

JigPowerscourt, General Manager at Jig, the Story of Irish Dance, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hi Astrid,

Thank you for taking the time to review our show, we really appreciate the positive feedback!

We hope you see you again the next time you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Paid €30 for the two of us. It lasted an hour which included a ten minute toilet break! And nearly half of the time was taken up by watching the video screen. Personally I was not impressed.

JigPowerscourt, General Manager at Jig, the Story of Irish Dance, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hi Sharon

Thank you for taking the time to give us you feedback and opinion on Jig - The Story of Irish dance.

We appreciate all comments and take everything mentioned into consideration. I would like to point out that Jig is a multimedia Irish dance show which takes the audience through the different years and generations of dance. The screens present how Irish dancing has changed and the history associated with its evolution. The screens are they to represent the older styles of Irish dancing which are not currently seen nowadays and which showcases an overall story of Irish dance.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Jig and thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest Regards

Sean O'Brien

Choreographer and Dance Director

Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was informative and entertaining, great for the whole family. It was recommended to us by a professional dancer. The building that it is in also has various shops and food venues. Seeing the museum helped us to understand the history of Celtic dance.

JigPowerscourt, General Manager at Jig, the Story of Irish Dance, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your positive feedback and comments.

We are really glad you enjoyed our show and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Darran Heaney

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our family enjoyed the dancing, especially as it is not from our heritage and represented something new for us. The theatre is located in a fashionable shopping area, which was also a nice surprise. I loved the small venue and personality that shone through.

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Jig show.

We are really glad your family enjoyed our performance in our intimate theatre and that you felt it was a personal performance! Great feedback.

We hope you visit Jig again soon,

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have been living in Dublin for a while and a friend of mine was visiting me so I was looking for a dance show to start our evening . I 'm not a great fan of the dance show offered by hotels ... too touristy and we already went to Riverdance 4 times ! I booked 2 tickets but I did not know what to expect !! And we were not disappointed at all. The theater is quiet small so it's very intimate and the dancers are very impressive . We really enjoyed the show and found it complete and well done . I would highly recommend it and I will go back with great pleasure.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Jig show.

We are really happy to hear such positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jig in the future.