“Ferry Travel at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stena Adventurer

Stena Adventurer
Ranked #153 of 503 things to do in Dublin
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Ferry Travel at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have sailed on this ship on many occasions and have never had a complaint with either the high standards of service or the quality of food and facilities on offer. On my last crossing between Holyhead and Dublin port in January I opted to upgrade to the Stena Plus lounge. With spectacular panoramic views I chose a seat at the front to maximise the views on offer. I was greeted with a friendly smile and a menu by the steward, Ricky, who took my food order in a timely manner. The menu was designed and complied by TV Celebrity chef Kevin Woodford and certainly came up to expectations and more. For starters I opted for the black pudding served with fried leeks and caramelised apple with assorted leafs. In a word delicious! For main I opted for navarin of lamb slow cooked with root vegetables’ in thick rich gravy and accompanied with nutmeg mashed potatoes. I had some reservations about the mash but was reassured by the steward who informed me of its popularity and offered an alternative if not completely satisfied. My concerns were short lived as the creamy mash was seasoned to perfection with the nutmeg giving a welcomed twist to the otherwise ordinary potato. I gave desert a miss on this occasion but can vouch for the bread and butter pudding and crème brulee. The ship is light and airy with an abundance of seating areas, bars and eateries to cater for all tastes. Equally, the Stena lounge is well worth the price of an upgrade and includes free magazines, newspapers, unlimited red and white wines, snacks etc and of course priority boarding. As a regular commuter between England and Ireland my preferred ferry company is Stena.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank ValentiaBM1013

Dublin
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Stena Adventurer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Over priced transport means to and from the UK. Prices inflate in the peak time, which seems to be all the time.

5 Thank mickptre
Dublin, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have been on the Stena Adventurer a few times and have been happy every time. The sailing is quite smooth and the on-board facilities are very good. The business lounge on board is well worth the fee. I am travelling to Liverpool in January and have chosen the Stena Adventurer over flying with Ryanair even though they are the same price due to the overall experience on board compared to Ryanair

2 Thank JohnHDublin
Dublin, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Almost flawless service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Sticking with Stena Line is worth it. I tried Irish Ferries once, but Stena is definitely better.
Out of the two boats on the Holyhead route, the Adventurer is the best because it has a very large Stena Plus lounge.
I barely travel by plane anymore as the boat is simple, on time, hassle free, comfortable and has great staff, particularly this vessel.
Could do with somewhere to properly lie down though in the plus lounge. Although the day sailings are only a few hours, you do often have to be up early to get them and have a long drive the other side.
Couple of hours sleep would do wonders.

Visited November 2011
Sheffield, England.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Better than Ryan Air”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Smooth crossing which is always a plus on the Irish Sea, taking the car allowed us to take all we needed for the trip, none of the 10kg weight limits you get on the budget flights.

Food, poor and expensive.

We would use Irish Ferries again.

Visited July 2011