“Total Relaxation on the Irish Sea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #152 of 498 things to do in Dublin
Tralee, Ireland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Total Relaxation on the Irish Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We returned from our holiday in North Wales on the Adventurer last week - Holyhead to Dublin Port.

We always travel with Stena and we always pay a bit extra for a Premier ticket with access to the Stena Plus Lounge.

As usual we found embarking/disembarking to be fast and smooth. The Stena Plus Lounge was once again very relaxing and we found the choice of drinks and "nibbles" to be varied - there were some lovely spiced nuts, olives and breadsticks which went very nicely with complimentary wine! (I wasn't driving)

The sailing was very smooth and we arrived in Dublin feeling refreshed and ready for the long drive home. We would definitely recommend Stena.

Visited September 2013

York, UK
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“Why choose Stena ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Four of us travelled from Holyhead to Dublin on the Stena Adventurer on a Monday afternoon as footpassengers.

We arrived in Holyhead by train and the Port is right at the end of the platform. Cheek-in opened about 40 minutes before the boat was due to sail.

When you check in you also check your luggage in (like on an aircraft). You then don't see your bags until you arrive at the other end.

This came as a bit of a shock to us as our entertainment (books / magazines / laptops etc) were all checked in.

A bus then shuttles you from the terminal building out to the boat. The bus drives onto the boat and you disembark and walk up the stairs to the passenger areas.

The boat was quiet and in the area where we sat there were almost no other people.

Food and drink costs on board are expensive.

The boat seemed a little dated.

We travelled with Stena because of a good deal (price wise). However, the times at which they sail leave something to be desired and Irish Ferries (their competitor on the route) seem to have more sailings and better boats).

The crossing took 3hrs and 20 minutes and we were just 5 minutes late.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Skeldergate
Nottingham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Club class going downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I always book premier (Holyhead and Dublin) so I can get on and off first and sit in club class however the complimentary refreshments have gone downhill since my last visit, there were too many people booked in so it was very noisy. Do not be fooled by the new adverts on tv, the seating is not comfortable just standard. It needs a complete overall.
Oh and the prices. ...always too high £400 return for 2 adults and 1 child. ....will have to start flying and hiring a car.....sorry doggies no more hols for you!!!!!!
On a positive note the staff have always been pleasant and helpful

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Booked my family holiday with stenaline fantasic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Booked haven greenacres with stenaline
got on boat from dublin to hollyhead 5th of august fantasic service, great shop onbaord and loads of seats also a restaurant and coffee shop.
My children loved the playarea and dvd rio that was on. Our whole experiance with stenaline was 5* and we will be returning next year
thank u to the lovly professional friendly staff on stenaline and haven greenacres for our fanatic holiday and precious memories
highly recommend :)

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“summer crossing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

i travelled on the virgin train from Euston to holyhead on a tuesday morning at 9am, Was a very pleasant train trip to Holyhead to catch the 1.50pm sailing to Dublin.The advise was very limited and not forth coming on where to go and what was to happen.But here i will inform you.when you get off the train walk to the front and find the Stena Line check in facility.Your luggage will be taking from you there and you wont see it until you arrive at the Stena line reception facility in Dublin port.now a bus takes you on board the ship and that same bus will take you off at the other side .So do rejoin that Bus when the Boat docks .i was not told this but a fellow foot passenger recognised me and took me in hand to guide me.On Board i was going to check into the stena plus lounge ,But on close inspection it resembled a Nursery or play room.many young Children running about ,Well it is Summertime.But was glad to not to spend 20 pound to get a headache.Wondered did all them kids parents have to pay 20 for each child and baby mmm? Well. I found a nice peaceful spot near the bar where i had a nice glass of wine and chicken salad sandwich and enjoyed the crossing in peaceful surroundings slumped in a comfortable seat..I was brought out of my slumber by the ships children entertainers who seemed to want me to join the 'fun'.i was followed to the coffee bar!But i think they were taking the micky out of me ..Well on arrival we did get back on that bus and were taking to the Stena reception where our luggage was on the carousel.BUT the bus that takes you to Connoly staion is 2.50 euro.I liked the journey,but wont be going that way again,It didnt impress me at all.Too much hassle .

1 Thank gslondon48