“family dinner”

Ranked #531 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Looking for an authentic Italian experience in South County Dublin? Have you tried talavera? Enjoy simple, fresh, quality ingredients that are combined to delight your senses. Our Head Chef for the past 17 Giancarlo Anselmi is regularly be seen in the restaurant, ready to answer your culinary questions or to give tips and advise your Italian holiday. Choose from a wide range of wines selected for you and available by the glass. talavera offers you the ideal setting for you and your guests to relax and enjoy good times. Call our Restaurant Manager, Alfredo Marcelli to book your favourite table now! Food is served daily from 5.30 - 10 pm. The early bird menu starts at €20 for two courses. Located in the beautiful Radisson Blu St Helen's Hotel, with complimentary parking.
Tralee, Ireland
“family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Very good value in set menu with a nice choice . House wine both white and red were good value. We were not rushed between courses and staff were very helpful with dealing with 3 young children in our group

• Visited January 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“New Years Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have eaten in this Restaurant before and while the food is in general of good quality the portions are small and the menus could have a little more imagination put into it - I was a guest and on arrival at 8 pm I noted that while this was New Years Eve a lot of the tables were empty - the small rooms which form the restaurant were not decorated to afford the idea that this was New Year no balloons or poppers ,hats or horns - it all felt a bit boring - plenty of staff but few guests - the menus was presented and it did lack imagination - chicken or steak or salmon - I could have been on an aircraft over the Atlantic ! The desert was a no choice - take it or leave it - in short a very disappointing evening - no fireworks - a bit of music in the bar - poor value for money and it made me think that these people were not even trying - give the place a miss at New Year

• Visited December 2013
Gargunnock
“Upscale Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is very much a ristorante, as opposed to a trattoria, so you won't go here for pasta-pizza. All the dishes I have tried, mainly fish or seafood, have been well executed and the service is fast, though all, as usual, eastern European, i.e. neither Italian or Irish.

It's perfectly good for a business dinner and the wine list is good. I wanted to eat up in the hotel bar one evening as I was on my own and the atmosphere is better. They were very accommodating.

The breakfast is good as well. I always have the buffet but they do full service hot meals.

• Visited November 2013
Wexford
“Good food , very efficient service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

A family group of five adults had a late lunch here.We all chose from a set menu which was good value at €19.95 for 2 courses. There were not many to dine and by the time we finished we were the sole occupants of the restaurant.
For starters we had soup, asparagus and 3 pastas. We each enjoyed our food which was well cooked and quickly served.
Our mains were chicken, salmon and risotto. Again we all enjoyed the food. We all felt the vegetables were rather too al dente but we ate them . The portions were not large and so we had dessert.
We all really liked the dessert my cheesecake was delicious, again not a large slice but perhaps they realised I should be watching my waistline.
In all the food was tasty and the service was excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Normally I don’t eat in hotel restaurants, but as this one is close to my home, and we fancied Italian, we chose to eat here, and we weren’t disappointed.
The staff are excellent, very friendly and attentive, some of the best service I have had. The restaurant itself its quite nice, it’s a reasonably formal dining room, and quite plush, but it didn’t feel too stiff, we could relax.
The menu is excellent, all four of us found it difficult to choose as there was so much that we all liked. I like that you can order any of the pastas or risottos as a starter portion too. The focaccia and oil served at the start is delicious and fresh. All of the pasta is fresh, and you can really tell that they use good quality, fresh ingredients. The meat dishes were cooked to perfection, particularly the steak, which was still tender even though it was ordered and cooked well done. The side order veg we very tasty, and not over cooked like restaurants so often do with the veg, The desserts were excellent, particularly the chocolate fondant.
The prices are extremely reasonable for such excellent food, great service and nice surroundings.
My only criticisms are that the dining room was too cold, but it was a very cold Tuesday night, so the restaurant wasn’t full. The restaurant is also a little hard to find. It’s in the basement of the hotel, but after following the signs we arrived in a corridor of closed doors, and only found it after opening a few different ones.
I look forward to eating here again.

• Visited November 2013