“Wonderful Experience”

The Paddocks Riding Centre
Ranked #16 of 100 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have been there as a larger group (9 people) and booked a ride out. The booking was really easy and flexible. Our group had beginners and more advanced riders, but thanks to the experience of the staff everyone was happy with him/her horse and the ride out was fantastic. During the ride out we had a fantastic view of Dublin and the sea - absolutely breathtaking. Niamh our instructor was very professional and friendly and took care of our group very well. The horses are also very lovely. Our afternoon was simply amazing and we can highly recommend this place!

4  Thank Jessie1204

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were very pleased that the Paddocks tailored a "walk out" for our family of 4, all of whom are relatively beginners. The stable picked horses with good temperments, had 2 women accompany us on foot, and made the time incredibly enjoyable. It was cold, and one woman even gave gloves to my 4 year old daughter half way through the walk out. I definitely recommend this stable. Excellent service, excellent people, excellent horses!

4  Thank 64sarab
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having been on ride-outs in a few different riding centres in the area, The Paddocks is the only one I've gone back to again and again.

I first came here on a work outing, and enjoyed it so much I came back again with friends.
The Paddocks is in a great location, so close to the city/M50 but up in the mountains.
Riding hats and boots were available to anyone that didn't have their own.
Safety first, our guide Denise went through everyone's riding experience so she could allocate out the horses appropriately.
There are lots of horses, and all very well looked after, there was one to suit all levels.
Listening to Denise talk about the horses and their personalties as she allocated us one, it was clear she adored and cared for them.

She was able to split out the group so that while we all started together, the more advanced were able to go for a little canter, while the beginners and those that just wanted to take it easy could stay at a leisurely walk.
Denise and Niamh took the group and any questions we had were answered completely.
And there was always plenty of conversation, no of us ever felt like we were left to our own devices.

The views on the ride out are just spectacular, as I said you're right up in the mountains we could see out as far as Howth.
2 hours later, back at the sables we all chilled out with a glass of wine and relaxed. The ladies from The Paddocks stayed chatting to us, and we never felt like we were being rushed to leave once the ride-out was done.

I'm looking forward to more ride-outs with The Paddocks again this year.

4  Thank hiller43
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying on the outskirts of Dublin and heard about Paddocks. We got a private hour and a half ride out and it was BEAUTIFUL. The mountains had such an amazing view. Plus the staff was friendly and made an effort to get to know us. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for an activity outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. It is here on the mountain trails that the true beauty of Ireland is revealed.

4  Thank AGropp
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I tried this riding centre today for the first time; we showed up without having booked and Niamh, a very nice member of the staff, took us for the little walk we asked for (we had not been on a horse in years and felt like a little trial!). We found her extremely pleasant and professional, I'm now thinking of going back and book a lesson with her if she'll have me :) As for the place, it's truly amazing and so peaceful, with incredible views of Dublin and the sea, while being quite close to the city. We really enjoyed our time there and highly recommend the centre!

3  Thank Bertille d