“So good we went twice”

Ranked #451 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: WALLACE'S WINEBARS is a group of restaurants specializing in authentic and traditional Italian cuisine and a great selection of wines imported directly from producers in Italy. Our menu, based on locally sourced fresh foods and the highest quality Italian ingredients, created and cooked by experienced Italian chefs offers you a complete Italian dining experience.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This place was recommended by the woman who ran our BnB. It turned out to be a great choice right in the neighborhood. We did the set menu where we got a starter, main and drink for 17 euro - which was a really excellent price, basically we got the starter free. We both had a wonderful roast pumpkin and pancetta salad, and pizzas that were so big we only at half each and took the other half home. They were not overly busy and seemed to have a lot of regular customers.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I went here at the recommendation of the croke park hotel as it was close. Had the lamb cutlets and the caprina. All in all the food was good. The house wine was ok till I got a mouth full of residue. They apparently finished the bottle in my glass without regard. It is billed as a wine bar which is a stretch in my opinion but the food was above average for a tourist place.

1  Thank allaboutwandering
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This place is well hidden in the inner city but it is a well hidden gem. We do frequent this restaurant but it never ceases to surprise. You really feel as if you were in Italy when you enter, the staff are amazing , the atmosphere is truly Italiana nd their pizza chef is a Masterchef himself. The pizza is to die for, I do not think I had eaten better pizza in Italy. The wine cellar is outstanding and the prices are more than reasonable. You cannot go wrong with the evening special of starter + main + glass of wine for 17 Eur.
The quality you are getting is well worth Michelin stars.

1  Thank travelfreak-ie
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We visited this restaurant because we were staying at the nearby Croke Park hotel. We had already walked the length and breath of Dublin earlier in the day and also it was raining. We were slightly sceptical as the 2 course offer menu, including a glass of wine looked too good to be true. There was plenty of choice, causing both me and my husband some deliberation about what to pick. As it turned out we were both delighted with our meals. I thoroughly enjoyed spicy mussels for starter and a delicious chicken main dish. My husband chose a pizza dough stuffed with goats cheese starter and meat loaf main course, both of which were, by all accounts, a bit different and very tasty. Both main meals were accompanied with some fresh salad and a lovely potato dish which tasted like fried potatoes whilst somehow managing not to taste greasy. As an added bonus the extra drinks we ordered were also reasonably priced (draught Peroni 5 euros a pint and a large (250mls) glass of red wine 5.25 euros). The service was second to none, although the restaurant was busy and despite the fact that there was only one waiter, who was very friendly, efficient, accommodating and hard working. We went on Tuesday evening and all of the tables were taken at one stage, so I would advise booking if you intend to visit at the weekend.

2  Thank lorrainec2006
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Within 30 seconds I felt like we'd landed in Rome. My husband even slipped into his (very) basic Italian this place is so friendly, welcoming and authentically Italian.
They were busy with other young families and some couples most of whom seemed local and some Italian. The team is small and they were busy but really they couldn't have been more accommodating.
The food was amazing! And they did small portions for kids too.
We didn't know there was a midweek meal offer but we're only charged this when we paid.

1  Thank katiclio