“Excellent wake-boarding fun in centre of Dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surfdock Watersports

Surfdock Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfdock is Dublin's Premier Watersports Shop and Watersports Activity Provider. Based in Grand Canal Dock, we are a short stroll from Dublin City Centre, and offer lessons in Stand Up Paddleboarding, Sailing, Kayaking and Windsurfing at very competitive prices. We offer activities for individuals, groups and Schools, 7 days per week.
Sligo, Ireland
“Excellent wake-boarding fun in centre of Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Having tried wakeboarding off the back of a boat before I had my doubts to how my 8 year old daughter would handle it and my sister for that matter, but both absolutely loved it and got standing in no time at all. Much easier than off a boat, great craic and something truly different to try out when in the capital. I would highly recommend it as a way of getting away from the busy hustle and bustle and will 100% be going back any time I am in Dublin. Great staff and hope the business continues to grow.

Visited May 2013

Berlin, Germany
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Nice location in Dublin, very friendly staff. SUP is always a great experiance to see the city by another view and have a good exercise.
And maybe you can catch some nice waves too ;-)
Thank you!

Visited June 2013
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“A wonderful way to enjoy a waterside city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

These guys seem to have mastered all things water and have a knack for teaching it. We had a great SUP session, with a unique look at a few attractions in a way those drunken bastids at the pub won't see...without getting a bit wet (as I almost did a few times).

There are some interesting buildings along the canals and the instructor was sure to point them out. Plus, the guys in the shop are incredibly nice and helpful.

When we come back, we will definitely visit again. I really want to try that wake board line!

Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standup Paddle Boarding Grand Canal Dock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Great instructor with great knowledge of stand up paddle boarding. Learned loads while having an enourmous amount of fun. Highly reccommend it!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank David_P_M186605
ColinHarris, Owner at Surfdock Watersports, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Hi David,

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving this review. Great to hear you enjoyed the class on Saturday. We'd be delighted to have you back for the open water/wave classes.

Best wishes,
Colin
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) at Surfdock Dublin Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Having tried surfing many times and loved it but unfortunately being fairly crap at it, I thought my chance to chill out on the water while also getting some exercise were gone. But then I got in touch with Surfdock in Dublin and tried SUP and hey presto I had a solution to my surfing "pop-up" problems ! Starting from a standing position is sooo much better. It looks hard but it's actually relatively easy if you're prepared to put a bit of effort into it and it's definitely easier than standard surfing. You rarely end up actually in the water. A BIG PLUS is you can enjoy it on calm waters too so you don't have to wait for waves. The guys at Surfdock couldn't have been more helpful, offering different options (grand canal basin, Dunlaoghaire Bay, Dublin Bay ) to try it. I also rented a board from them over a weekend. If you're looking for something to do at the weekend or in the summer evenings....try it . 2 hours is what it takes. Bring a towel and swimming gear. They'll give you wetsuits. I can't wait for the summer to come so I can get going again.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Paula O
ColinHarris, Owner at Surfdock Watersports, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving this review! We are delighted you enjoyed the Stand Up Paddleboarding with us and are looking forward to some warmer weather to start the 2013 season!

Best wishes,