“Good service and big portions”
Review of Beirut Express

Beirut Express
Ranked #465 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Helsinki, Finland
“Good service and big portions”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were Very Pleased to Beirut Express with my wife.

We came again quite late to dine and place was packed with customers. Waiter appologized of our placement - nearby the toilet entrance.

Service was Good and waitresses were asking all the time that are we ok. Food came reasonably fast compared how crowded the restaurant was.

Amount of food surprised us. I did not expected to have four (4) lamb chops.

From our point of view we liked the food and service - price quality ratio was Very good.

We all know that day's are not the same - not to anyone, but this Everything went more than well.

I can recommend this place for dining for other travellers.

1 Thank Jouni V

• Polish first
“Frozen chips”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Went here as we got a voucher, the starters were very nice , i got prawns which were big and plenty of them ,, then i got the chicken shawrama which again there was plenty but the chips were FROZEN ,, put me right off .

Dublin, Ireland
“FOOD Average - Service APPALLING - AVOID there are FAR better Lebanese Restaurants in Dublin”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

OK I've been to this place three times - and each time had the same waitress - so I think I am fair to comment - this girl must be related to someone as she is slow, and when mistakes are pointed out NEVER apologises and NEVER offers to change or substitute - last night was worst of all.

First of all I should say my dining partner is married to a Lebanese man so knows all about the cuisine and I myself have eaten in many lebanese restaurants so - unlike the. The food took a while to get there -as is usual in this place but I was willing to wait in the hope it would be a treat - there were only 4 tables occupied. The waitress did not smile once - not even when I arrived alone and without a reservation - to be honest if I hadn't already made an appointment to meet my friend there I would have left on the spot.

Apart from her poor level of English (and this girl has been working there for at least 6 months now) when questioned she was always defensive - maybe this is because she is used to complaints - but clearly nobody has told her the best way to handle these is with a smile.

We asked who the chef was - this is because the expat community is small and we wanted to see if we might know him - the reply was he is lebanese chef because this is a lebanese restaurant which managed to be both patronising insuliting in equal measure.

My companions meal was unpleasantly oily and cold - she asked for it to be taken away - I was still eating but nonethelss the waitress attempted to take my plate too I had to ask her to hang on! She seemed not to want to make the trip to the table twice!!! This is an almost empty restaurant on a Monday night....

I ordered dessert of Baklava to share - when it came two of the pieces were so solid that even the serrated knife couldn't make a dent. In fact trying to cut one sent the whole plate flying. When I called her over and told her I would have to return this and why (if the knife couldn't make a dent I didn't fancy my fillings chances!!) She did not apologise - another lecture on how this is special lebanese baklava and is supposed to be like this - I have eaten this sweet many many times in houses and restaurants and nowhere was it rock solid - I couldn't even get the knife point to stick in it! Not one word of apology and I had to be very assertive to get her to take it back to the kitchen. I had also ordered a mint tea. The tea came - it had brown scum on the top inside of the cup - looked like spit actually - which I removed and tasted - it was not mint tea - it was green tea. I called her back again - she told me it was mint tea - I had had my companion taste it to be absolutely certain - there was no taste of mint off it at all. Waitress insisted this was fresh mint tea and implied I might not know the difference. I do know that I am allergic to caffeine - and I know what caffeine tastes like and the effect it has on my body so I sent the tea back too. At this point we left - my companion was hungry and I was grumpy. When the bill came the tea was on it!! I brought it to her attention and she took it off - again grudgingly - I can only assume this woman has a guaranteed job - she did almost everything wrong in terms of customer service - the kitchen also did not cover itself in glory - my friend's food was oily and lukewarm - my main course was Dry and also pretty cold and the kebab sticks broke as I tried to prise the meat off.

Reviews which mention Lebanese couples are ridiculous as I said my companion is married to a lebanese and said apart from her rice which nicely cooked this was the worst meal she'd had of this cuisine. I wasn't far behind but it was the truly unpleasant service that made it a no star experience. Both of us had to eat elsewhere afterwards.

I have been there with my own husband on two other occassions - waitress almost as bad and once we had a nice main - quails - those were off the menu last night as were a few of the other nicer (and more expensive ingredients) places - we returned because we love Lebanese food and were willing to hope we would get a different server but now I know I will never eat there again - there are other better restaurants with equal value - not as tacky decor and actually polite waiting staff - go there - or if you just want a quick bite in that part of town go to Temple Bar and look for a busy place - there is a reason most of the tables were empty last night.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Orla M
“Afternoon Family Lunth”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Popped into Beirut Express yesterday for some lunch with the wife and 3 kids, food,service and restaurant was excellent and, i noticed that Lebanese couples were eating in here so i thought the food must be good and we weren't disappointed, very reasonably priced also, especially the lunch menu of 2 courses for 9.90euro, highly recommend

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lancewales
“terrible service”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went here a few times with friends, and every time its exactly the same story. It's so hard to get the attention of the waitress, which means that the service ends up being so slow, its frustrating to sit there with a menu and wait up to 20 minutes! then it takes even longer for the food to be ready. The food wasn't bad in fairness, but the service bit puts me off going here.

• Visited November 2013