“Excellent”

Cuisines: Asian
Dublin
“Excellent”
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Love this place, delicious food, great service and very good value. €49 for two starters, two mains and a bottle if house wine.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great lunch venu”
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Love coming here for lunch, tasty food with good service. I always go for one of the curry dishes but have sampled noodles and a few different stir fry options as well as starters and all tasty. Good value for a treat lunch during the week. Service is usually quick too so you can just about fit it into an hour lunch break.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,004 helpful votes
“Lovely restaurant totally let down by the kitchen.”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

What a nice, bright, clean modern restaurant with a soothing relaxing atmosphere. This is one of the nicest Asian restaurants we have been to in Dublin and we have been to nearly all of them! Nicely laid out tables on clean crisp linen. Our welcome was warm and friendly and the service equally good.

So why the poor rating? The food. It was awful...really awful.

The starter of calamari was quite good even if the batter was a little thick. The Thai soup was nothing at all like a Tom Yum. We have lived in Thailand, and we cook Thai at home, so have a very good handle on what Thai food is all about. It is an explosion of sweet, salty, hot, citrus, spicy flavours that make it one of my favourite food to eat. The soup was just sweet and no hint of spice, lime, lemon grass nor galangal/ginger.

The mains were dreadful. My Thai prawn dish was supposed to be chilli based with a chilli sauce. What came out was a thick tomatoe based sauce that was just sugar ...again...and inedible. I left 80% as I just could not eat it. Ni hint whatsoever of any chilli or spices.

My partners chicken Randang was gooey and had a consistency of wall paper paste, it was so thick. And yes...you guessed it, too much sugar again. There was 2 tiny pieces of okra, no Asian spices no toasted coconut, and if there was it has been totally swallowed by the thick sauce.

The owner/manager is a very charming man and was concerned when I called him to tell him of our experience. I believe in been honest and letting the owner know so he/she can put it right if needs be. In my humble opinion he urgently needs to get to grips with what the chef is sending out to his guests.

A lovely restaurant with a lovely owner with a kitchen and chef that is letting this restaurant down badly. Better food preparation would make this a restaurant to go back to again and again.

We would have give terrible only for the décor and the owner.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Harleyclarkey
Dublin
“Good food”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We went to Chi restaurant last weekend for a late lunch. We were on Groupon Voucher and the voucher entitled us to have 2 main course with 2 sides, and glass of wine. We were impressed with the portion and the decoration for the food, not to mention that the food is tasty too. I love the restaurant's environment, it is well kept and the services also good. I recommended anyone who love Asian food to come and try the food there!

• Visited May 2012