“Really liked it.”

Ranked #683 of 2,754 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A real cut above normal family restaurants. Great food. The cheesecake was sublime. Highly recommend the garlic fries.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very excited to discover that Jamie Oliver had opened one of his restaurants in Dublin and had expectations that I could treat my family to some of the delicious recipes I had seen him prepare on TV and relish the kudos of finding this 'celebrity' restaurant. How wrong was I. The decor, a poor attempt at trendy-warehouse, was noisy and far from chic, Italian, cosyness. The hard wooden chairs reminded me of many forced uncomfortable hours in the school classroom. In fact it was so noisy, that not one of us could hear the perky waitress recite the 'specials' and she trotted off happily oblivious to the blank stares of her customers and clueless that she had failed to communicate and convert her speech into a sale. Bravely, we soldiered on and placed our order, still hopeful that Jamie would deliver. Ah! but no, once again our hopes were dashed. The garlic bread was unrecognisable and oozed olive oil. Was it oil with bread or bread with oil ? - our normal garlic bread enthusiasts abandoned the bread in dispair. The steak was mediocre at best, the only thing remotely 'Jamie' about it was the over-large chopping board on which it was served. Token effort folks. The chips were over cooked and burnt and again, were clogged with oil. On an up-note, the spaghetti bolognese was delicious - the plate was licked clean. Small mercy though, as the deserts were a minefield to eggs and nuts allergy sufferers. The only friendly desert for our birthday girl was ice-cream. Faced with her disappointed expression I dispatched her into Dundrum in search of more palatable birthday treats instead. A poor substitute as I so wanted to impress her with my celebrity find. Staff were helpful, but attentive too late to the burnt chips and unimpressive desert menu. The answer to the most important question you can ask a first-time customer, would we come back? A resounding NO from all in our party - young and old alike. NO WE WILL NEVER COME BACK.

1  Thank KeajraDublin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We ate here on a Saturday evening about 7 o clock. We had previously eaten here over a year ago and the place was definitely busier then. Our food was nice, nothing special. The mains do not come with sides so it is a bit pricey for what you get.
Do not sit at the tables in the middle of the floor as water falls down from the air conditioning unit and we had to be moved!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Son and I had dinner here last night. Was really excellent and we loved it. Had the antipasti platter to start and it was delicious. Cured meats were superb as were the cheeses and the salad. We both had pasta for mains and they were great, pasta cooked to perfection accompanied by delicious sauces. Even the small glass of Moretti beer was perfecty chilled and presented.

Service was top notch.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have attended this restaurant twice in Dublin, with a family member.

On both occasions the food was edible but the warehouse ambiance and food disappointed.

In it's defence my guest, who wanted to visit a Jamie Oliver establishment, was more than happy with the entire meal.

I expect that I will end up here again but this is a very missable experience.

The exact same order from Jamie's Italian - Covent Garden has somehow been "more".

I am not exactly an epicure but this place manages to disappoint - consistently.