“Evening meal ”

Ranked #661 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
Kerry
“Evening meal ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Jamie's restaurant on a Wednesday evening after shopping in dundrum shopping centre,had heard a lot about this restaurant. It wasn't very busy when we arrived, staff were very friendly,to say that we were a little disappointed with the menu was an under statement looking back maybe we should have politely got up and left before we ordered,they don't have a great childrens menu,no garlic bread!!! Everything that came was covered in oil and sometimes pesto..the children ate very little of the meal. For my main course I had abbriata my husband had a turkey dish. My pasta was totally over cooked and lacked flavour,my husbands turkey piece looked very boring,it came with a few pieces of lettuce and nothing else,we asked for the bill and paid.As we were all starving we went to another restaurant up the road.All in all we didn't enjoy our meals and unfortunately we won't be back.

1 Thank Kerryholidaymaker

Kerry, Ireland
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The decor is very nice and the service was very good. The meal got off to a less than promising start with a selection of breads with oliver oil and balsamic vinegar. The selection was very limited and didn't taste all that fresh. The dish the dressing came in was tiny making it difficult to mix the oil and vinegar. However, things picked up with the main courses - a juicy Italiano burger, pizza and prawns with pasta. All three were good relative to the price. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2014
“Ok”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Food only ok ,staff good , not cheap we just had two main courses and two glasses of wine, food had that tired appearance on saying that tasted ok , that's the point just ok nothing to set it apart from other italian restaurants .

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really liked it.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A real cut above normal family restaurants. Great food. The cheesecake was sublime. Highly recommend the garlic fries.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our hopes were dashed”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very excited to discover that Jamie Oliver had opened one of his restaurants in Dublin and had expectations that I could treat my family to some of the delicious recipes I had seen him prepare on TV and relish the kudos of finding this 'celebrity' restaurant. How wrong was I. The decor, a poor attempt at trendy-warehouse, was noisy and far from chic, Italian, cosyness. The hard wooden chairs reminded me of many forced uncomfortable hours in the school classroom. In fact it was so noisy, that not one of us could hear the perky waitress recite the 'specials' and she trotted off happily oblivious to the blank stares of her customers and clueless that she had failed to communicate and convert her speech into a sale. Bravely, we soldiered on and placed our order, still hopeful that Jamie would deliver. Ah! but no, once again our hopes were dashed. The garlic bread was unrecognisable and oozed olive oil. Was it oil with bread or bread with oil ? - our normal garlic bread enthusiasts abandoned the bread in dispair. The steak was mediocre at best, the only thing remotely 'Jamie' about it was the over-large chopping board on which it was served. Token effort folks. The chips were over cooked and burnt and again, were clogged with oil. On an up-note, the spaghetti bolognese was delicious - the plate was licked clean. Small mercy though, as the deserts were a minefield to eggs and nuts allergy sufferers. The only friendly desert for our birthday girl was ice-cream. Faced with her disappointed expression I dispatched her into Dundrum in search of more palatable birthday treats instead. A poor substitute as I so wanted to impress her with my celebrity find. Staff were helpful, but attentive too late to the burnt chips and unimpressive desert menu. The answer to the most important question you can ask a first-time customer, would we come back? A resounding NO from all in our party - young and old alike. NO WE WILL NEVER COME BACK.

• Visited July 2014