“BAD SMELL”

Cuisines: Indian
uk
“BAD SMELL”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Soon as we walked into the restuarant a bad smell hit us... we took one look at the carpet and left. It was terrible place why would people eat in a vile place!! Went over the road to aleenas not to bad was better than shan and the waiter told us that shan has not changed the carpet over ten years...WOW ....the flees are loving it!

“Pretty decent”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I decided to try this place just for kicks, despite seeing not that great reviews here in trip advisor.

I arrived just after 7 PM, and only one table of customers were present besides me. Dining room is spacious, little worn out but in reasonably good shape.

Service was friendly and helpful, though a little warning of portion size would have been nice.
I'm used to eat quite a lot, and have completed 2.5kg burger challenge (9th of 370 candidates), but the amount of food on my biryani surprised me big time; even it's meant for a single person, I'd recommend sharing one.

Food was nothing too special, but good Indian food you'd expect to get from not too fancy restaurant. As a spicy food lover I found it matching my expectations and had a few sweaty moments during my dinner.

If you're looking for adventures in Indian cuisine, this restaurant has is not the place, but if you're after just 'normal' Indian food for big hunger, it's a decent option near temple bar.

• Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent indian food”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We found this restaurant by accident and I am really glad we did. Excellent authentic Indian food, great price and excellent friendly service. For the price outstanding

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A very late night meal here can't be beaten”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The main draw for this above average take away standard Indian is the fact that it stays open until 4am. The food is totally fine while not exactly mind-blowing but the service was good; friendly and efficient and good humoured - a tough balancing act when the joint gets filled with drunk people after the bars and clubs close! I'll definitely return late at night but this wouldn't be in my top ten Indian restuarants of Dublin.

• Visited April 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Ate here on a Saturday night after seeing a man with a sign advertising a early bird menu. Walked in only 2 other couples in the room.
Waiter sat texting on his phone, not interested in being there.
Starter was nice, chicken pakora but the main of chicken tikka masala was awful. Tasted too sweet and cheap. Far too much rice and the chicken tasted of plastic. Looked it had been warmed up. Paid the bill and left, should have read the reviews on here first.
Great location in Temple Bar.
Avoid - go else where