“Scammers”

Ranked #1,981 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$37 - US$147
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Scammers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We hit up this place after visiting the temple bar area while visiting Dublin city centre. Had read online it is open late night until 4am, and with limited selection of restaurants/late night food options in the area, we stumbled upon it. BEWARE. The restaurant was empty and because a couple who has wayyyy too far gone and clearly had too much of the drink had followed us in, the waiter (who we later found out was a manager of the establishment) had tried to screw us over with our payment-assuming we were tourists who were too oblivious due to the partying we had done in temple bar. we had a 18$ euro order and we paid with a $50 euro bill, and he merely gave us back a half euro- we mentioned he had screwed us over and he immediately got bashful- did not resist or count the cash to confirm, but awkwardly gave us back the due balance as he knew he was being dishonest and we had caught him in the act. He was on his cell phone the entire time afterwards as to avoid us. because he assumed we were tourists, who had been parting too much, he tried to take advantage of us and screw us out of more this 40 euros. Be careful if you are venturing into this place! The naan was the stalest I have ever had, and was hard as a bag of Lay's Chips. the establishment looked as If they were vacant for years- therefore we purposely did not order any meat dishes as to avoid risky orders of meat that has been sitting out- judging by the naan the meat would have killed us.

The waiters are sketchy and they are thiefs... Be careful and Count your euros- these people have no integrity and it shows in the naan.

Visited July 2014

uk
“BAD SMELL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Soon as we walked into the restuarant a bad smell hit us... we took one look at the carpet and left. It was terrible place why would people eat in a vile place!! Went over the road to aleenas not to bad was better than shan and the waiter told us that shan has not changed the carpet over ten years...WOW ....the flees are loving it!

“Pretty decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I decided to try this place just for kicks, despite seeing not that great reviews here in trip advisor.

I arrived just after 7 PM, and only one table of customers were present besides me. Dining room is spacious, little worn out but in reasonably good shape.

Service was friendly and helpful, though a little warning of portion size would have been nice.
I'm used to eat quite a lot, and have completed 2.5kg burger challenge (9th of 370 candidates), but the amount of food on my biryani surprised me big time; even it's meant for a single person, I'd recommend sharing one.

Food was nothing too special, but good Indian food you'd expect to get from not too fancy restaurant. As a spicy food lover I found it matching my expectations and had a few sweaty moments during my dinner.

If you're looking for adventures in Indian cuisine, this restaurant has is not the place, but if you're after just 'normal' Indian food for big hunger, it's a decent option near temple bar.

• Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We found this restaurant by accident and I am really glad we did. Excellent authentic Indian food, great price and excellent friendly service. For the price outstanding

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A very late night meal here can't be beaten”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

The main draw for this above average take away standard Indian is the fact that it stays open until 4am. The food is totally fine while not exactly mind-blowing but the service was good; friendly and efficient and good humoured - a tough balancing act when the joint gets filled with drunk people after the bars and clubs close! I'll definitely return late at night but this wouldn't be in my top ten Indian restuarants of Dublin.

• Visited April 2012