“Groupon deal”

Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Groupon deal”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice pleasant meal very tasty great value very friendly staff. We had the Lamb which came with fresh veg we ordered a glass of white wine with this it was a very good wine in a very generous glass at only 4.50 euro very good value. This would be an ideal place to take a break from the shopping and relax without being ripped off

• Visited November 2013

Westport, Mayo, Ireland
“The worst of the worst!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This place really is as bad as every other review says, and worse! The maroon rugs on the floor were filthy. If that wasn't enough, the flags, the bunting, plastic tablecloths and flowers, were tacky, and this is before we get to the owner. He was flummoxed by the concept of not having our voucher printed on paper. He wouldn't serve tap water, and insisted we buy a bottle, which he ultimately did not charge for. The food was passable (just). For us the worst part of this entire horrendous visit was the music. We got to hear 'Whisky in the Jar' twice and many other songs that they only play in Irish theme pubs in other countries. "The Chicken Song" by The Fureys, the one about the gay rooster getting raped by a chicken, was really too much. If you're in 'slumming' mood, this place is so appalling it could be fun. Dreadful experience, would not ever recommend.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Pete G
London, United Kingdom
“Well I have to disagree with all the bad comments”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have to disagree with all the bad comments the other visitors made. Ok I never ate there but I had coffee and the people working in the bar were very kind and really nice to talk to. The 2 lovely ladies working in the bar made my stay very warming and the locals that drink and dine in there are friendly. I would recommend this café if I was going to Dublin, esp if you just visited St.Marys church. The staff are lovely!

• Visited October 2013
Dublin
“Hurry quickly by”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is not a restaurant, it is a cafe, and it is a low budget cafe. Menu is poor. Food is woeful. Decor is tasteless, chequered bunting, red paper chain, tinsel shamrock, many assorted prints. You get what you pay for. Prices are low. One thing - staff are friendly and are kind to some of the unfortunates that appear tp frequent this establishment.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hotmail888
Ireland
“It fell completely flat in many ways”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

La Belle Fontaine, a fancy name for a restaurant but it didn't live up to our expectations.

I have been passing by this restaurant on a regular basis but somehow it didn't appeal to me, But this day happened when I didn't want to walk far from my appointment, We were starving and unfortunately I didn't check TripAdvisor , so off we went in...

First there were only 2 staff at the time of our visit who were strangely busy that we had to wait for her to notice us to lead us to our table, The light was dim ,soft music playing in the background giving the illusion of cozy ambiance but with the decor of cheap buntings,plastic flowers and unlit candle if anything I felt sorry for them.
We ordered Starters one of our choices was not available for the mains rack of lamb was underdone,dry and tough while the fish tasted it had been in the freezer for long ,chips was bland the ketchup which was in our table had a missing cap it was awful ,so I had to leap to another empty table to get a clean container of ketchup. We were about 5 couples dining when we were there,when 2 staff carrying 2 black bin bags from downstairs kitchen hurriedly hauled their trash and made a low-key exit maybe they thought diners would not notice as it happened very fast. This is a big NO-NO in a dining facility it was absolutely disgusting and disrespectful to customers.
Needless to say, We didn't bother to get desserts & coffee.
The waitress was pleasant so we gave a tip, but we have ZERO desire to go back to this establishment.

• Visited September 2013