“Don't Bother!!! Not reliable...”
Review of Zion Hall

and 1 more site!
Zion Hall
Ranked #110 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had booked two rooms for this guest house for my friends and I for a concert in the city 4 months ago. But I didn't get a chance to stay at this guest house, as 6 weeks before our stay they sent me a confusing email, saying that due to 'unforeseen circumstances' they would have to cancel my booking. When I called them they told me that the rooms we had booked were under construction and would not be ready in time for our stay.
Looking through previous reviews they seem to have a tendency to over book, so I would not be surprised if this is the true reason for the cancellation. We now have to spend 3 times the price for alternative accommodation as there is very few vacancy in the city due to the sell out concert. So I'd advise travellers if they want a reliable reservation don't book at this guest house!!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank L D
Catherine A, Manager at Zion Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

I am Catherine the owner of the Guesthouse would like to inform that during this customer's stay in 2014 the B&B was was under different Management and we had few problem running the guesthouse for customer's expectation. From 1st March 2015 Zion Hall renovated under new management and made all shared bathrooms to en-suite new booster for wifi connection refurbished communal kitchen to high standard with all facilities also provide laundry service. We have separate build area for smocking and beautiful garden. Also we have large space for free parking. Bus stop just front of the house.

There are newer reviews for Zion Hall

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms with this hotel month's ago for the upcoming Garth Brooks concert in July. Today we receive an email informing us that they no longer have our rooms. This is disgusting, we will be lucky to get rooms now and will have to pay through the noise for them if we do. People have to pay deposits incase you don't show what come back do the people have when the hotel cancels.....nothing.

I will never stay here again and I will make sure no one I know ever does either. This is so out of order and with the type of customer care I hope your business fails.....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lisac6078

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at Zion for 3 nights end of May. We both have travelled in better far cheaper places in Asia & Russia. This was a disaster. So, let me tell you our story: we arrive in the morning and get told that we haven't confirmed the place. Anyway, we apparently are lucky and get a room, not with ensuite bathroom as advertised, but shared. As it's early, we have a little sleep. Woken up by extra loud Italian who use the bathroom: you can hear and smell everything... Disgusting. After a short rest we go out to town (25 min for 2.7€/person). Phone call: "this is Zion hall, we regret to inform you your room is not available today"; reaction "we are in Room 11 and have already paid", response: "ok bye bye". 30 minutes later, exact same phone call. After explaining in details, it seems she understands we are in Room 11 and have paid. So we are let off. Quite worried we manage to enjoy our stay in Dublin and head back to the hotel around 23. Impossible to fall asleep without the TV on loud... A group of Russian (including one of the hosts) are celbrating a birthday right next door until 2am. Then, the Italians come back, shout, slam the doors and do their smelly business. In the morning, we dread going to breakfast wondering whether we should be there or not, but all goes well. The rest of our stay goes in a similar way between weird moments and odours. We will discover on our last day that this hall was an old people's place which was shut down for not being conform to the norms... It looks like there was no upgrade since then... We also get informed that other guests had the same trouble and that the hotel does over-booking... and that a family with 3 kids had to find somewhere else to stay although coming from the UK... On top, you can add the cold shower, the politness of staff and the lack of cleanliness. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: Room not on the road and with ensuite bathroom is a must have. Although you are very lucky if you ge...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Staur K

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Me and 3 friends stayed at Zion for st Patricks weekend it was spot on. We arrive around 12:30am and we're welcomed by a lovely lady called Catherine. She let us into the hotel and offered us a cup of tea straight away and showed us to our room. The room was basic but perfect for what we needed it for and the bedding and towels were clean. We wanted to get something to eat so Catherine directed us down the road to a take away and when we were waiting for our food she phoned the take away to make sure we had got there safe. Breakfast was great with a good selection of food and the staff were very friendly. The hotel turned out to be cheaper than we had expected which was a bonus. If we needed anything all the staff were happy to help they even found us a needle and thread as one of the girls pants were split before we went out. All in all a great hotel and will definitely be staying on our next visit to dublin!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Poppings
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have just returned from dublin and stayed in the Zion. I had travelled with three of my friends for st Patricks we were welcomed by Catherine who was brilliant. Showed us to our room which was basic but clean and was huge !! We wanted a kebab as it was late on she showed us where to go and even rung the kebab house to see if we had got there okay !! Which was soo nice of her !
The next morning breakfast was great I didnt catch the lady's name but she attended to our every need!! Central location perfect will be returning

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here recently...would absolutely not recommend. The attitude of the staff leave a lot to be desired....I have never been treated like this by anyone...so so so dismissive and downright rude...left there feeling angry and upset by the less than courteous interactions with the manger. Definitely a feeling that you are a number rather than a person and the accommodation itself is substandard for the price. Smoking inside, not very clean, kitchen facilities dirty and poor standard. Not good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Niamh N

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here during the summer for 2 weeks when I was travelling Europe and was pleasantly surprised. It had everything that I needed, bedrooms are clean and comfortable with an en suite, also had wifi included.

There is also a nice and very large sitting room with digital TV, lovely couches and a fireplace.

You have your own cooking facilities and access to a full kitchen but a European breakfast is also available at no extra charge (tea,coffee,cereal,croissants,toast,fruit etc.)

It is a very central location and I would definitely reccomend it to a friend as its great value for money and very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rob118
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Rathfarnham
Ardagh House
#1 of 4 in Rathgar
St. Aiden's Guesthouse
#2 of 4 in Rathgar

Been to Zion Hall? Share your experiences!