“the New ferocious Mingle , in camden st.”
Review of The ferocious Mingle Marcade - CLOSED

The ferocious Mingle Marcade
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear customers,The Ferocious Mingle Marcade has moved its business to 60 Camden Street and is still under the management of Rainey J Dillon and Eamonn A Mooney. All the Mingle traders are delighted with the busy buzzy surroundings of our new location and thank all our regular customers for their support and it's lovely to see familiar faces coming in to wish us well. Oscar Verne's Cafe, Cake and Elf, Crafty Fox, Phillips Artefacts with vintage in abundance, BBs and Tam's curios and originals, Retropoilis, The Yoga Hub's Happy Food Deli, Bardic Bookstall, Lucia's Chalet, JM Smilk 60's Fashion,Vanessa's Chalet, Oculus Art Gallery, The Josie Baggley Company and weekly market traders are all waiting to tempt you. Our cinema is a cosy sumptious cubby where you can relax and watch an old movie whilst ejoying a hot winter beverage and our regular musicians will entertain you with melliflous melody!The Ferocious Mingle Marcade known as Dublin's Fancy Dress Market has a fancy dress day every Sunday-great fun altogether!See you there!Thursday 11 to 8pm Fri Sat and Sun 11 to 6Warmest Wishes Rainey Eamonn and The Marvelous Mingle Traders
Reviewed 8 December 2013

loved it! could have stayed longer, so much to take in and so many friendly faces to chat to. delicious food at yoga hub and yummy hot chocolate and cake at oscar vernes's coffee dock. Chitty chitty bang on at the movies, so i could have a laugh listening to the children there commenting on the movie, 'but the pirates can't drive cars dad!' while I rested my feet after a few hours of mingling around the many and varied and fascinating stalls. thoroughly enjoyed every minute, ye have done it again guys, but better! well done, and best of wishes for happy shoppers and traders , fun and prosperity for 2013 , well worth repeated visits, it is so much more than a market...

Rainey J D, Owner at The ferocious Mingle Marcade, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Thankyou for your lovely review! Rainey and Eamonn and Teddyben

Reviewed 16 November 2013

well, with the New Mingle, in a lovely spot on Camden Street, it's refreshing... it's still as special... whatever the remnants in Thomas Street might like you to believe... The amazing Mingle has moved, and amazingly got better...... There are just so many little treasures and the ambience is wonderful... I'll be back to 60 Camden Street again and again.......

2  Thank albumen

Thankyou for taking the time to write your kind review and we're glad you have enjoyed our attempt to offer Dublin something relaxed and different! Rainey and Eamonn and Teddyben
Unfortunately we have closed our velvet curtained doors but wish you all the best in the future!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

To be honest, I am biased, being a trader in the Mingle, but it really is a visual delight, and a wonderful place to work and be given the opportunity to really try and have a go at a successful business doing something that I love. I couldn't be more delighted with the new location at 60 Camden Street, where it has continued to grow and evolve, as usual, since it opened its doors. We have a few mingle classics and some great new interesting additions too. Can't wait to see what's next to appear in our wonderland of enchantment. Hope to see you there. Just look for our fez adorned greeting monkey in the window, Prince Fez Bomingle is always happy to see new faces.

2  Thank CraftyFoxHats

Thankyou for your lovely review! Rainey and Eamonn and Teddyben

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having seen this place on TV3 about a year ago, I've been a visitor to this marcade (a jumble between arcade and market!) for a while now and have followed them to their new premises on the buzzing Camden Street- opposite Cassidy's pub. I must say that I visited the new marcade on the first week of opening (about three weeks ago) for it's 'soft opening' but returned on Thursday last to a refreshing and packed market full of new stalls and shops! The atmosphere was friendly, quirky and very bohemian.

As you go in the door, there are stalls selling arts and crafts, fine art and illustrations. You can then go up the stairs to visit Oscar Verne's Coffee Bar (I bought a delicious 'mingle' hot chocolate there). As you walk down the side you are greeted with an array of shops selling vintage clothes (if you want a truly vintage dress for hardly anything, girls then this place is a must!), books, a food bar, a retro video game place and a few others. I then went downstairs to see what else was on offer. Beautiful antiques of all sorts, furniture, hats and fascinators and a welcoming shop selling incense, candles, handmade photo albums, dresses and colourful jumpers.

Unfortunately 'Dublin's Smallest Cinema' area is not ready but I was told at the coffee place that it will be open next weekend if not this weekend. The mingle stage will also be set up in the same area I think.

All in all, I personally much prefer The Ferocious Mingle Marcade's new home. There seems to be far more going on and a better vibe than the onethat was on Thomas Street which I found to be the only nice place to visit in that area. It's also far easier to get to, not to mention warmer!!

Overall a great and throughly unique place to visit for people who want to explore somewhere that bit different. I'm looking forward to seeing what else the mingle will bring to Camden St. Well done, guys.

Eva

3  Thank Eva R

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This marcade is quite hard to find, took about half an hour to walk here from the city center, since I didn't know where I was exactly. Walking in, it was very promising, goods on display, you go up or down. Upstairs was a pub type bar at the head of the stair. There is one shop after that and a bar witha food counter.

Now here is where the unfriendly atmosphere comes in. Standing at the counter talking to a customer was a gentleman claiming he was very stressed from having started this business a year ago and now having to cope with all sorts of idiots and their idiotic questions. He continued on in that vein for a while, so I decided to take my idiotic self with my idiotic money elsewhere.

Only 2 shops where there anyway, besides the food and drink counters. The big draw of the silent film playing was closed for repairs.

2  Thank Frostrunner