“Great hit the spot food in Temple Bar”
Review of Hippety's

Hippety's
Ranked #704 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hippety's offers fresh locally-sourced foods, craft beers and fine wines. We take great pride in our simple home cooked meals and offer breakfast, lunch and tapas dinner. Our amazing coffee is hand roasted each week using Hippety's Own blend recipie. All this goodness right in the heart of Temple bar, Dublin. We offer aslo offer sidewalk seating with heaters and canopies. Temple bar's Chill Spot.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Cozy, friendly and well run cafe with a surprising and interesting look for Dublin. Food was quite good and excellent coffee.

1  Thank hughm88

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had breakfast with 2 friends in Hippetys. The girl who served us was nice. One friend and I ordered smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, the other ordered the full breakfast no beans. The girl returned a moment later to say that they were out of brown toast. We said white is fine. When the food arrived, my friend had gotten beans and our scrambled eggs looked terrible. Over-cooked eggs, and salmon was of a low quality. I had one forkful and decided it was inedible. My friend was happy to eat hers. I also noticed that we had only gotten one slice of toast each, and my teapot was only half full. When the waitress checked on us I returned the dish and she removed it from the bill. I may return for lunch or dinner, but I'll skip the breakfast next time.

Stephen M, Owner at Hippety's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hippety's. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the quality dish that Hippety's endeavours to provide.
At Hippety's we only invest in the best locally sourced ingredients. We only use free range eggs and the highest grade of smoked salmon. It is therefore very disappointing to hear that on this occasion your food was overcooked, negatively impacting on your overall experience.
Your feedback is invaluable to us to ensure that Hippety's is always improving. We strive to provide our customers with a happy and enjoyable experience and I am very sorry that on this occasion this has not been the case. We value your custom and hope that you will return to Hippety's to give us the opportunity to provide you with the real Hippety's experience.
If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me at hippetys@hotmail.com.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This has got to be one of the most unique places in Temple Bar. The vibe is hip, (all in the name) just so original. The decor is fab; welcoming and a very different kind of retro. (Look at the ceiling and check out all the lights).
The staff here are very personable yet professional and go the extra mile to make your visit a very pleasant one.
Coffee here is king but there is space for the tea drinkers, (loved the tea cosy - nostalgia!!!)
Lovely deserts and cakes; short menu done well (sandwiches + main meals). There is also a wine list and craft beers.
What stands out here is that everyone is welcome; you can bring the kids and it is no issue (I believe that this is family run? I could be mistaken but even still ...); tables for the smokers outside (or the more verbal of said kids) and open for dinner in the evening (not sure of full opening hours though - get the impression that this is not a late night venue which is probably why it retains its charm).
Whether you are on your own; with your partner; with the kids; with friends - this place is for everyone and right beside the Central Bank.
Well Cool.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went into this place for dinner after walking around temple bar. It looked quite quirky and friendly and i was not disappointed! Only wanted something light so ordered the frittata what was excellent and very filling. It come with homemade bread which was lovely. My partner had a Cesar salad which was massive.

They did not have our wine order, so offered us the next one up for no extra charge, again lovely service.

We chose not to order dessert as it was late and we were aware that the place shut at 9.30 but the lovely proprietors offered us a complementary one to share. The brownie was delicious.

Overall I would love to return. Do not allow the temple bar's reputation tarnish this brilliant and friendly establishment.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Visited st Patricks weekend and popped in for lunch which was lovely. Really friendly service, and great for a lite bite.